Barefoot Runners

sand keeps getting into my skin, advice anyone? (Read 407 times)

afp

I have been BF running only since october but lately I have gotten this annoying problem with dirt making its way into my skin. This happens about twice a month and goes like this. At some point after my run (I run on roads and sidewalks) I notice there is something in the bottom of my foot and it turns out to be a small piece of sand that worked its way into my skin. It's hard to get out since my skin is thick, so I get someone to take it out with tweezers which creates a tiny deep hole. Now, the tiny hole sticks around allowing another piece of dirt to get in the next time I run. This forces me to run with a bandage and a sock on the one foot to prevent something from getting in. But now it seems I am stuck with this sock on my foot since the hole doesn't close up, is there a better way? I need to get back to pure BF. Any advice appreciated

you could try that glue bandage stuff that applies with a brush. it sterilizes too. you might try a strip of medical tape too.
        My advice.....HTFU!

you could try that glue bandage stuff that applies with a brush. it sterilizes too. you might try a strip of medical tape too.

I like New Skin...good stuff.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)