Barefoot Runners

Track Foot (Read 217 times)

Okay - here's a question for you.

I haven't done any barefoot track work since I was in college and didn't care, but is there a way to get the track stain out of your feet other than waiting for the skin to naturally recycle and flake off?

I've got me some black feet right now...

I'm hoping I can keep the wife from noticing and making me sleep in socks... Big grin

(On a side note, managed a 62 second barefoot 400m in the middle of my workout - my PR is 60 flat. I haven't been doing much in the way of speed work and am technically in recovery mode from my marathon and 50k last month.)

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

lol.

my girlfriend usually inspects my feet before she lets me in bed.  no matter how much i wash them they always look a little black!

one thing that might work well is some lava soap and a pumice stone.  scrub hard - rinse - repeat

The right path is my path.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Distract the wife and she won't notice the feet.  I'll let you figure out how...  Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

You can get pretty clean with a scouring pad.  I like the green plastic ones.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
          mokaman

I used to run on the local high school track here but they resurfaced it a while back and I have the same trouble with the nasty black staining. I stopped running there because of it. Anyway I use a heavy duty firm bristle scrub brush and soap for the tougher stuff like that.