Barefoot Runners

Injured Foot (Read 428 times)

On Saturday, during a long run my foot seemed to have been cramping. I ran a mile on that cramp. After the run the cramp didn't seem to go away. The next morning it still seemed to hurt, and of course against my better judgment, I decided to go and try a 7 mile run. My foot had the same feeling as the day before, but less intense. I got to around 2.8 miles and my foot began to hurt so bad that I had to hop.

The pain is located on the bottom of my foot between the Cuboid and the Calcaneous. No pain when pushing in that location, even when pushing hard. There appears to be no swelling and no pain on the side of the foot. Pain only seems to occur while pushing off during walking and running. However, at times while rocking the foot laterally there seems to be some pain. If I stand on something that pushing into this region there is extreme pain. From what I read, I have ruled out Cuboid Sydrome, Peritoneal Tendinitis, and PF. Mostly, because there is no pain on the side of the foot and no swelling. Additionally, the pain is not worse in the morning. But, what do I know; I am not an MD. Unfortunately, I am uninsured. At this point, I was hoping that maybe someone could give me a suggestion of any other condition it could be.

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Sounds like either a bruise or a sprain.  In either case the advice is the same, rest it until it stops hurting.

Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
        Yeah, I need to start doing that earlier. Sixteen yrs of skateboarding has taught me to ignore injuries, since I was always hurt.

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I've yet to meet a runner who didn't learn this the hard way.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            My foot is already feeling much better. However, I am going to do my best to at least wait until Sunday to run. I have to go to Texas for a wedding, so this makes it easier not to run on Friday or Saturday. But sitting around in nice weather would suck, so I think I will run Sunday if I am feeling fine.