Barefoot Runners

My first blisters! (Read 210 times)

I ramped up to 1 full mile yesterday.  It's starting to feel a lot more comfortable already so I tried to pick up the speed too.  Guess I should have built up a little more first.  I didn't feel anything during the run but when I got home I was bleeding all over the kitchen floor.  I got a couple of blisters on the toes of my left foot and popped one of them.  I will be adjusting my running style accordingly.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I found that at first I got mega blisters every time I tried to pick up the speed.  Patience brought me thicker calluses.  Experience taught me to be careful not to push back with the foot while running.  Now it's not an issue any more unless I'm on a rougher surface or running longer than normal.

Roads were made for journeys...

Certainly Something...

Wingz is so right. 

I had to take June off because I had not learned this lesson and destroyed my feet. I had a blister, which I got another blister under, which had another blister under that, then two of them popped and I got a blood blister under all those.  It's all about picking your foot up without pushing off or you're pretty much guaranteed to get blisters.  The pretend you are pedaling a bicycle imagine people always say is very true.  Every time I run I feel like I learned something still.  I've learned that blisters are worse than not finishing my planned mileage.  This is something Ed4 had said before.  So when I get a hot spot or something I start walking let it cool off before I finish my mileage.  If it can't take finishing the miles, I'll just call it a day.  Hopefully by end of July I have some better calluses.