Barefoot Runners

Running Satisfcation Level (Read 235 times)

Last night I went to the school up the street to run around its field. I probably ran/walked a combined 1-1.5 miles. Once I decided I was tired I set down on the grass . I had this tremendous feeling of well being/satisfaction wash over me. I am pretty sure I have had what is called the runners high before, but this was different. I have a very esoteric question for you guys. Does running barefoot make you feel different than running with shoes does?
      Deffinetly, when I run shod I run with a purpose, I run against the clock (In my case a very slow clock Smile ), and I run almost angry or maybe tenatious is the better description. When I run barefoot, I run with a smile and connect more with the surface I'm running on and the environment around me--much, much better and that is why I've ditched my shoes, since I'm not giving up a lot of ground (miles) to start over.
      Unshod... Unrestrained... Unrestricted.

i feel very liberated when I run barefoot.  Its just something about jumping out the door with almost nothing on and goin for a run.  

the feel of the warm cement, the caress of the soft grass,  the honking horns and the obsene yells thrown my way....    aaaah  I love it. 

The right path is my path.
        mokaman

That sounds like runners high still, it was just higher. I get that almost every time I run, its my drug of choice sorta. Keep that up and put in some bigger runs it only gets better.

Barefoot running makes me feel good and it makes me feel "alive" in a way shoe running doesn't do. It is something you have to experience yourself to understand...it really can't be explained to get it.