Barefoot Runners

The Great shoe Flap Arrives in Boston - Is Berfoot Running Better? at an American Podiatric Medical Association meeting (Read 506 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Half Fanatic #846

A good, short article - but I wish Boston was a LOT closer to where I live so I could attend. 

BTW, Bob -you've given me a couple of good ideas today.  First - replacing my flip-flops with huraches, and now - thinking maybe I should change my user name to Br'erfoot Bill (Barefoot Bill has already been taken). Wink

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Woops, accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.  This is where I intended to put it.

From the blurb: "Dr. Jenkins...recently compiled extensive research from more than 120 external sources—including Christopher McDougall’s 'barefoot bible', 'Born to Run.'“

I'm dubious about the "compiled extensive research" part.  "Born to Run" isn't research, nor is there much of any research out there.

It would be interesting to know what comes out of that session - whether there's any kind of a consensus.

The APMA position on barefoot running isn't too bad.