Barefoot Runners

Sole material for DIY huaraches (Read 1165 times)

dfh

Hi all! New to this group (and to runningahead.com). Seems like a nice place!

I'm just getting into running barefoot, and currently running with as minimal shoes as I can, adding more and more barefoot.

Anyway, I've been thinking about making a pair of huaraches for running. I'm stoked on the whole concept of actually making your own shoes, and the minimalism, cheapness and high DIY-factor of the huaraches make them very attractive!

But I don't know where to get the material for the soles. The Vibram materials seem popular, but not sure if they ship here (Sweden). Do you have any other tips? What materials have you been using, and how did they work out?

Thanks!

running for life!

Vibram is an italian company, so I assume they'd ship to Sweden.

Or, you could get the materials from http://www.invisibleshoe.com which saves you the bother of having to find a supplier.  Good videos on how to make them too.

The fun part of huaraches is that you can make them with just about anything and you can find something that works for you.  You could get a bit of letter, cut up an old tire, if you wanted you could probably make some out of a cardboard box. (Not sure how long those would last though.)

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

dfh

Vibram is an italian company, so I assume they'd ship to Sweden.

Or, you could get the materials from http://www.invisibleshoe.com which saves you the bother of having to find a supplier.  Good videos on how to make them too.

The fun part of huaraches is that you can make them with just about anything and you can find something that works for you.  You could get a bit of letter, cut up an old tire, if you wanted you could probably make some out of a cardboard box. (Not sure how long those would last though.)

Thanks!

running for life!