Barefoot Runners

Ok I tried it (Read 369 times)

I'm more of a lurker to this thread, but have wanted to try this for a little while now. Ran a marathon a few weeks ago and finally recovered and don't have any more races planned for a few months so I figured now was the time to try it out. I don't have any real injuries, knock on wood, but like the idea and theories behind running barefoot.

So ran a mile tonight and lets see how I feel tomorrow. 

So... how do you feel?!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Gotta TRI

Ditto! Threw in a mile+ on the treadmill after the bike trainer....barefoot.  Really enjoyed it. Can't wait to give it a whirl outside.

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
          Felt good, I was pleasantly surprised on Monday that my lower legs weren't sore. On Tuesday though, we did massage in one of my classes and my calves were a little tender. Maybe try a mile and a half or two tonight depending if I have time. I did really like it and it does force you to use your core and run taller. Hey andy, I singed up for the Timberman half IM for next year, heard it is hilly, other than that how is it?

Gotta TRI

Timberman 70.3 is an awesome race. I ran it in 08. The swim is great. The bike..I've heard they changed it up a little bit..added a hill I think , can be tough. There are some pretty long climbs early going out then it's smooth sailing til the turn around then it seems like your in a headwind most of the way back, a few more climbs and your done. The run is a double out and back that isn't too bad fairly flat with one little hill and a gradual decline back to the finish. I'm going to run it again this year as well, see ya there!
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon