Barefoot Runners

I'll show you all because my wife is tired of hearing about it... (Read 715 times)

Deacon

So I switched to full-time VFF/BF running at the end of December.  Initially, most of my miles were BF on the treadmill, then I switched to VFF outside, and now that the weather is warming up (here in the Boston area) I've started to do some BF outside. 

On Saturday, I did nearly 6 miles outside completely barefoot.  This was my longest run BF and my longest run in more than 10 years period.  It felt awesome. 

Anyway, my weekly mileage chart is below.  I love looking at this each week...but my wife thinks I am far too excited about it.  Thought maybe you all would appreciate it.  Week of 12/20 is the switch-over and three months later I blew through my previous ceiling of about 12-13 weekly miles that I never seemed to be able to crack wearing orthotics and stability shoes. 

I know we are all an "experiment of one"...and this experiment is certainly working for me (thanks to a lot of the good advice on this board).  Goal is to get to a consistent 20 mpw, build a base, and then set some new targets.  Thanks for listening!

Why not be excited?

Deacon

No sorry...I didn't mean to imply that she didn't think it was a good thing and a big deal.  She just thinks I am a huge dork about it.
          No sorry...I didn't mean to imply that she didn't think it was a good thing and a big deal.  She just thinks I am a huge dork about it.

Thanks for sharing, that's awesome!

What's the image? It doesn't show for me

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Couldnt see the pic either but looked at your log and it really is kind of pretty the way it steadily increases each week.

Nice job.  I am hoping to start back into BF running soon - though not planning to go cold turkey since I am hoping to BQ in the Fall.  After the marathon attempt in October, I might though.

Deacon

Yeah, the picture was of my weekly mileage graph on my log.  It was there when I posted, but once I updated my log, it looks like it disappeared.  Oh well...just picture a bunch of green bars getting taller each week, approaching 20 mpw.

All non-runners think we are dorks.  Get used to it.  

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Blaine Moore (MM#2867)

Yeah, the picture was of my weekly mileage graph on my log.  It was there when I posted, but once I updated my log, it looks like it disappeared.  Oh well...just picture a bunch of green bars getting taller each week, approaching 20 mpw.

The images from the mileage graphs are session dependant, I think, so if you take the exact image url it will only exist until the website recycles it.  Instead, you need to save it locally and then upload it to a hosting site such as Flickr or ImageShack or something similar.

Nice work!

Run to Win
                  24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)