Barefoot Runners

I'll show you all because my wife is tired of hearing about it... (Read 715 times)

Deacon

So I switched to full-time VFF/BF running at the end of December.  Initially, most of my miles were BF on the treadmill, then I switched to VFF outside, and now that the weather is warming up (here in the Boston area) I've started to do some BF outside. 

On Saturday, I did nearly 6 miles outside completely barefoot.  This was my longest run BF and my longest run in more than 10 years period.  It felt awesome. 

Anyway, my weekly mileage chart is below.  I love looking at this each week...but my wife thinks I am far too excited about it.  Thought maybe you all would appreciate it.  Week of 12/20 is the switch-over and three months later I blew through my previous ceiling of about 12-13 weekly miles that I never seemed to be able to crack wearing orthotics and stability shoes. 

I know we are all an "experiment of one"...and this experiment is certainly working for me (thanks to a lot of the good advice on this board).  Goal is to get to a consistent 20 mpw, build a base, and then set some new targets.  Thanks for listening!

Why not be excited?

Deacon

No sorry...I didn't mean to imply that she didn't think it was a good thing and a big deal.  She just thinks I am a huge dork about it.
          No sorry...I didn't mean to imply that she didn't think it was a good thing and a big deal.  She just thinks I am a huge dork about it.

Thanks for sharing, that's awesome!

What's the image? It doesn't show for me

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

jeffdonahue

Couldnt see the pic either but looked at your log and it really is kind of pretty the way it steadily increases each week.

Nice job.  I am hoping to start back into BF running soon - though not planning to go cold turkey since I am hoping to BQ in the Fall.  After the marathon attempt in October, I might though.

Deacon

Yeah, the picture was of my weekly mileage graph on my log.  It was there when I posted, but once I updated my log, it looks like it disappeared.  Oh well...just picture a bunch of green bars getting taller each week, approaching 20 mpw.
              keeponrunning

All non-runners think we are dorks.  Get used to it.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Yeah, the picture was of my weekly mileage graph on my log.  It was there when I posted, but once I updated my log, it looks like it disappeared.  Oh well...just picture a bunch of green bars getting taller each week, approaching 20 mpw.

The images from the mileage graphs are session dependant, I think, so if you take the exact image url it will only exist until the website recycles it.  Instead, you need to save it locally and then upload it to a hosting site such as Flickr or ImageShack or something similar.

Nice work!

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)