Barefoot Runners

I'm ditching the shoes! (Read 420 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

\o/   (The stock emoticons don't quite express it adequately.)  I had been alternating

|      between BF and shod for long runs, but I told myself that if I could run

/ \     30+ BF miles in a week, I don't need the shoes at all.  This has been that

week, and I am thrilled!  Along with the shoes, I have ditched the knee band, knee pain, black toenails, pain meds, and the tiring, heavy running. I'm getting in more mpw, too. Big grin (Okay, one stock emoticon as well.)

Now if I could just ditch my knee troubles. At least, I don't have shin troubles anymore. I think my knee problems stem from bending them backwards a few times when I use to skateboard, so it may be that I will always have an issue.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congratulations! That is no small feat (no pun intended) and fantastic news!

TRUST THE PROCESS

And now the adventure begins.

As mileage and speed increases, be sure to stay focused on what's going on. There might be aches and pains - don't ignore them! Don't be tough. Toughness is a liability, not an asset.

Keep on truckin!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And now the adventure begins.

As mileage and speed increases, be sure to stay focused on what's going on. There might be aches and pains - don't ignore them! Don't be tough. Toughness is a liability, not an asset.

Keep on truckin!

Yeah, it's SO tempting to just keep running when it's time to quit.  My feet are a bit tender, but so far they've been rarin' to go the next morning.  Thanks for your excellent advice.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Now if I could just ditch my knee troubles. At least, I don't have shin troubles anymore. I think my knee problems stem from bending them backwards a few times when I use to skateboard, so it may be that I will always have an issue.

Looks like you've eased up on the pace of your training runs, which is good. No hurry.  What also helped me was to reduce my stride length, and in general stay as relaxed as possible.  Good luck!

Half Fanatic #846

Way to go Larry!  Nice log notes, too. 

I'm not gutsy enough to give up the shoes totally just yet, but I do know I won't ever need to order another pair of running shoes again! 

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congratulations! That is no small feat (no pun intended) and fantastic news!

My feet are anything but small!  Seriously, thanks - hope your running is going well, too.

Congrats!

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)