Barefoot Runners

Sockwa shoe delay... (Read 950 times)

Half Fanatic #846

I ordered a pair of Sockwa G3 (newest version) from  www.sockwa.com  a few weeks ago.  But now I see delivery is delayed again until April sometime - must be a lot of orders they're having a hard time filling - I hope!

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? (I can't remember who else ordered them). And if so, can we get a report? I'm anxious to give 'em a try!

Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Me too.  I ordered them in December with the understanding that they would be delivered in late February.  It kind of stinks that they have my $50 all this time, instead of charging me when they ship, but it's a fledgling company.  Hope they can make a go of it - and we get our shoes!

BTW, I previously had ordered and received their largest pair at the time, and they were too small, so I gave them to my daughter.  They looked nifty.  She thinks they'll be good for rock climbing(!).

Half Fanatic #846

BTW, I previously had ordered and received their largest pair at the time, and they were too small,

Wow - I hope I don't have to wait much longer, or find that they are too small and I have to send them back!

MTA: Yep, they got my $$ immediately!  That should't happen until the items are available, or just prior to shipping...The company is 4 years old now and I'm also going to call them to go up one size on my order...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow - I hope I don't have to wait much longer, or find that they are too small and I have to send them back!

MTA: Yep, they got my $$ immediately!  That should't happen until the items are available, or just prior to shipping...The company is 4 years old now and I'm also going to call them to go up one size on my order...

Hold on...I think I just ordered the wrong model back then. I'll look it up and get you details.
          LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Bill, my first order was for G2, size 11, the largest available in that model. I typically wear size 12 shoes, and these weren't close to fitting.  I think the G3s in size 13 will probably be okay for me.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm thinking these might be good for the running leg of my first triathlon attempt.

Half Fanatic #846

Bill, my first order was for G2, size 11, the largest available in that model. I typically wear size 12 shoes, and these weren't close to fitting.  I think the G3s in size 13 will probably be okay for me.

Okay, thanks.  I'm a 12 too, so the 13's should work.

Before running (only 7 years ago), I was a 10.5-11.0 in shoes - well, back then I probably didn't pay much attention to things like toe box room, width, or natural foot swelling. But eventually I guess my feet "swolled up" from the rigors of pounding the feet!  Now I average 12's, rarely an 11.5, and there are exceptions like Sockony and Merrell's where I had to get 13's, and apparently Sockwa's too.

Good luck on the triathlon and enjoy!

Half Fanatic #846

Still waiting, LED??

On May 8, 2012  I got an email from Sockwa stating in part:

"We have received your payment...[from Feb., 2012]...Your items will ship on Friday, May 27, 2010."

Well, now I'm thinking credit card dispute. Wait - maybe not. Apparently I'll be 2 years younger when I receive these magical shoes...hum, if I order just five more pairs, I can be 10 years younger - not bad at all (cheaper than a subscription to Running Mimes and Runners Hurled).

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yep, I got that May 8 email, and assumed they were talking about 2012.  If so, we may expect our order in a few days?  Does delay make the heart grow fonder?

I got this one April 24:

Hello customers.  We want to update you on the progress of the Sockwa G3 in size 13.  This size has presented itself with some difficulties in the manufacturing process, which led us to create new tools in order to make the final assembly possible.  We are expediting this process and should be able to ship your order in early June.

Anyway, a credit card dispute is a possibility, but I think one of their emails already offered a refund if requested.  I plan to wait about a week before doing anything further.

Half Fanatic #846

Obviously, the company is having problems -hope they can "turn it around", but... Finally got tired of waiting and gave up on 'em.

Requested a refund today.

MTA:  Got an acknowledgement of my request from Sockwa, a request to "Please try us again in the Spring of 13", and an  immediate  refund to my credit card. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I finally reordered in November, and received them within a week.  They seem nice, but not appropriate for cold weather.  I'll try 'em out when it gets warmer.

Half Fanatic #846

Whew!!

Glad you got them - sorry you have to wait for better running conditions.

Meantime, I went with Skechers GoBionic, a minimalist shoe with a little more cushioning. (There's a detailed review at blogrunner.com). This is what I run in once or twice a week  to give my bare feet a break from the road, and I'm really happy with 'em so far.