Barefoot Runners

New to the forum (Read 184 times)

mokaman

Hey All,

I'm in the Atlanta area, very few barefooters around my area. I've been a barefooter since 2005, built up my miles last year to the 20 - 30 miles a week been there ever since. Do some 5k, 10k and half mary's races  barefoot also. 

Great to see another barefoot forum up, there seems to be more barefooters around all the time.

howdy!

i am pretty new here too.  great to have a place to hang out. not many barefooters in my area either.

did you see any other barefooters in your races?  i was suprised to see 2 others (one was barefoot rick) at the last Dallas White Rock marathon.   BF is starting to spread around I guess.

The right path is my path.
      mokaman

Hey Adam,

I've only ever seen two other barefooters at races, one about 3 years at the Peachtree roadrace at the end of the race, talked to him for a few minutes and he was from another state. 2 years ago I saw some barefeet ahead of me in local 5k but never actually saw the runner the rest of the time. 

There is another barefoot runner near my area that I run with once in awhile and I know of one other that I'm going to race with in a few weeks. 

Thats a grand total of 4 barefooters ever since 2005, I would think there has to be more that but I don't know for sure. 

I think barefooting is definitly slowly gaining popularity, I think the Born to Run book has given it a boost also.