Barefoot Runners

BF synthetic track racing (Read 293 times)

Rudolf

anybody does that ? last night at masters athletics I did racewalk 800m barefoot, and I was faster than I wanted/expected there were no issues of being carefull placing the feet etc. after race I did some more barefoot racewalk technique training, all up more than 3km (thats 2 miles for ya) for the 4 km run I chickened out and put aquasocks on, but could not get any running rhytm going. The track is pretty new, still very sharp, not worn down at all, so challenging for the skin, but I am happy with last night. I am hoping to do most of track racing at masters completely barefoot from now on
    Rudolf

another BF racewalk on track last night, this time it was 3000m, and I did taped few toes and teh front, but it came off during race as teh track was wett after recent rain, could go longer if teh race was longer, no blisters It allowed me perfect teachnique and very fast pace, considering how tired and stuffed I was after accumualted racing-training session last few days my technique really changed and this partially was a reason for my new personal best at 15 km racewalk distance last sunday by 7 minutes, I did it in racing flats, but the transfer of the technique and different biomechanics is happening, did cooldown walk after race BF for 3km, just than realized how much gravel was there on the road course
      Rudolf

nice to talk to myself here Big grin so last night did 4km walk and 5 km run on synthjetic track barefoot with taping only 2 middle toes on both feet it was very comfortable and pleasant experience and I could fully focus on proper pace, technique and talk to others and watch teh races in progress. and I set my new personal best at 800m racewalk by quite a margin and not expecting it was not going for it with full focus, just having fun at silly handicap race. other walkers are starting to talk that barefoot is giving me unfair advantage and perhaps is not even allowed by the rules Big grin
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Perhaps your training is giving you an unfair advantage too. Maybe you should stop. Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

Rudolf

Perhaps your training is giving you an unfair advantage too. Maybe you should stop. Tongue
            yeah, but that is hard to inforce, unless WADA sends unannounced commandos checking on wearing shoes in out of season training camps Big grin
            Rudolf

last night at masters athletics, I again racewalked barefoot on synthetic track : 2 x 2000m about 1 hour appart second race very close to my PB, wothout going too hard - already had 21 km in my legs for the day between races I slowly jogged in minimalist shoes - so minimalists - I cut off the soles of older shoes in attempt to create the thinniest racing flats, that there are holes in them, no insoles .