Barefoot Runners

Nice...cold....nice...cold (Read 308 times)

jeffdonahue

It was pretty nice out today (meaning about 35 and sunny) so I decided to pop my shoes off for the last half mile back to the gym at lunch. 

The first stretch was nice   (NICE)

till a car forced me off the road into some snow (COLD)

back on the road and it was comfortable again except I noticed there is a lot more crap on the sides of the road than there used to be - probably because the plows pushed all the debris during the last storm (NICE)

then the last stretch back to the gym the whole road was shaded from the sun and that pavement was really cold (COLD)

Overall it felt good to be barefoot again.  I have decided to take it really slow.  I want to try to get a half mile in each day this week and then go up to 3/4 mile for all of next week, builing up slowly like that till spring hits.  I will use my VFFs if I have to, or a treadmill, but BF outside when I can.

Just a report as I try to get back into it

Jeff

when I read the title of the thread I assumed you were running with 1 foot in a shoe and 1 foot barefoot.

nice... cold... nice... cold... nice... cold... 

when I read the title of the thread I assumed you were running with 1 foot in a shoe and 1 foot barefoot.

nice... cold... nice... cold... nice... cold... 

Amusingly, I thought the exact same thing. I thought you'd gone nutters.

It does feel good to hit the ground and feel a little warmth. Very nice!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

wanderingoutlaw

I was thinking his foot was feeling cold when on the ground/road but nice when in the air--kind of the opposite of hot weather asphalt running.

Glad you were able to get some barefooting in, Jeff

John