Barefoot Runners

So what shoes do you wear IRL? (Read 637 times)

So you run barefoot or in VFFs, but when you need to wear shoes for your job, to be acceptable for you profession, etc., what minimalist shoes have you found that are close to barefoot and still acceptable to wear In Real Life?
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      So you run barefoot or in VFFs, but when you need to wear shoes for your job, to be acceptable for you profession, etc., what minimalist shoes have you found that are close to barefoot and still acceptable to wear In Real Life?

Many folks apparently can get away with the black KSO's. They are like dress shoes.  Personally I can get away with anything, including barefoot.  Then again I work in my basement.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Wingz

Professional Noob

I wear old running shoes around when I need shoes.  At home it's usually just socks. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I wear flat sandals to work except when it's freezing out.

I have a pair of Earth Shoes that looks pretty nice and has a slightly negative heel, which is at least much better than all the elevated dress shoes out there.

Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Half Fanatic #846

I have a pair of Earth Shoes that looks pretty nice and has a slightly negative heel, which is at least much better than all the elevated dress shoes out there.

What do you mean by "negative heel"?  One that's not as thick and cushioned like most shoes, or a heel that's "thinner" than the sole?

Is it better (for BF purposes) to wear shoes that are considered "flat" - or with as little heel as possible?

Just asking these questions to make sure I'm on the right track when buying shoes in the future

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

As a real estate broker I deal a lot with the public, so of course I wear my VFF's most of the time.

Seriously though, when not in my sprints or KSO's (black) it can vary widely based on what I have to do.  Everything from a dress shoe to boots to my old Asics.

The VFF's really work out though because they bring attention and conversation wherever you go.  In just the last month I have probably given out at least 20 business cards and have two potential new clients thanks to my 'gorilla feet'. 

I currentlt wear my old running shoes most of the time to work.  But I'd like to go more minimal, but don't know if the VFFs would be acceptable where I work.  I'm looking more for a very minimal sandal type thing that looks like "real" shoe?
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

I currentlt wear my old running shoes most of the time to work.  But I'd like to go more minimal, but don't know if the VFFs would be acceptable where I work.  I'm looking more for a very minimal sandal type thing that looks like "real" shoe?

Maybe Here?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Half Fanatic #846

Check out the Feelmax minimalist shoes at  extremeoutfitters.us  - don't know about sandal types though.

I want to get a pair of the Feelmax Niesas (no separate toe pockets) since my feet are  different lengths and won't fit Vibram FFs properly.

IRL I wear black Nike Frees at work, otherwise I'm starting to wear aqua shoes more and more.

Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Maybe Here?

Yeah - those may work.  I'll look at them closer.  Thanks!

Check out the Feelmax minimalist shoes at  extremeoutfitters.us  - don't know about sandal types though.

I want to get a pair of the Feelmax Niesas (no separate toe pockets) since my feet are  different lengths and won't fit Vibram FFs properly.

IRL I wear black Nike Frees at work, otherwise I'm starting to wear aqua shoes more and more.

Bill

I like those feelmax, too.  They would be good in the winter with jeans at work.

I have a pair of five fingers that I use for running and another pair that's not quite so muddy or stinky that I use as my normal everyday shoes.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

What do you mean by "negative heel"?  One that's not as thick and cushioned like most shoes, or a heel that's "thinner" than the sole?

I mean that the sole gets thinner as it gets nearer to the heel.  As opposed to most shoes, where the sole gets thicker toward the heel.

Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.