Barefoot Runners

top of the foot pain (Read 581 times)

garyliving

hey..nice to be here.
    I have done just a bit of barefoot running (too cold and wet here for now in Italy) BUT i have been wearing minimal shoes (Terra plana Vivobarefoot) and practicing Chirunning now for about a month to 6 weeks. All is going quite well except for this top of the foot pain: once I get going there is no pain while running. but after, when things are cooled down, i have a bit of discomfort on the top of the feet, on the outside half of the foot. A few points on the feet are even tender to touch. There is no swelling, no pain in the ankles or arch or heels. My shoe laces are very loose..almost like running in sandals. so..is this just some adjustment my feet are making? I have been doing some feet  and calves strengthening exercises. Any help or suggestions appreciated! Looking forward to spring!

Sounds like sore muscles in your feet. I had similar issues, and just had to rest my feet.

Half Fanatic #846

Sounds like sore muscles in your feet. I had similar issues, and just had to rest my feet.

Same story here...it takes time to adjust.  The exercises will help strengthen your feet.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

garyliving

thanx folks. I found this link too from Barefoot Bob..which goes into the top of foot pain  issue a lot.

http://therunningbarefoot.com/?p=1186