Barefoot Runners

I did it.....whoo (Read 1279 times)

jeffdonahue

Obviously private establishments can make their own rules, but if their justification is incorrect it can

Speaking of against the rules... 

I went to my gym at lunch today adn threw on my Vibrams and headed out for a run.  I did about a half hour run and then proceeded to walk laps around the gym in my Vibrams (my gym has a center section that is fenced off with the cardio stuff in it - makes for a nice loop to cool down on).

then the guy that works the front desk comes over to me and tells me that those are illegal shoes for using in the gym.  He said, for walking around they are fine but I cant go on the machine in them.  Then he babbled on about the weight section (which I never use).  I was going to stop and ask him the reasoning on my way out but he was busy with another member.  I'll ask tomorrow, but he basically said that his boss doesnt allow them.  Like you said, they can have their own rules.

Might be time to start shopping for a new gym.

Running in Socks

If you run in socks again, put some vaseline on your feet to prevent hot spots.
        If you run in socks again, put some vaseline on your feet to prevent hot spots.

Or if you're feeling particularly vindictive towards the gym, but it on the outside of your socks!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

You mean you get to run barefoot at your gym?  Or was it your family giving you the funny looks.  Because I was told straight out that it was against the rules to run barefoot on the treadmills at my gym

At it again because I gave up on the idea for awhile, my choosing.

The place was my local gym and the looks were from other members. I grabbed a bottle of the spray they want us to use and a couple towels. I sat down on the treadmill and wiped off the soles of my feet, then stood on the rails as I powered it up. Next I sprayed the belt and used the paper towels to clean the belt (for my personal hygiene). After my run was over,  I disinfected the belt again  so no one could complain about the belt not being cleaned.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

2.0 mile treadmill run........barefoot, today.

Felt good until about 1.8, but I'm too stupid to stop so I kept going. Hopefully that "prelude to a blister" feeling goes away in an uneventful manner.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I ran  BF on the treadmill twice this week. The first time was a 5 minute-0.5 miler and the second was 10 minutes for a mile.

I was thinking about starting out every treadmill run BF to help transition into longer and longer BF running. I just couldn't run today BF because by foot is so sore under the little toe joint I can barely walk around the house BF.

Anyone else have issues like this? I think it might be lightly bruised. Will running in VFF's help in toughening up that area of my feet?

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I ran  BF on the treadmill twice this week. The first time was a 5 minute-0.5 miler and the second was 10 minutes for a mile.

I was thinking about starting out every treadmill run BF to help transition into longer and longer BF running. I just couldn't run today BF because by foot is so sore under the little toe joint I can barely walk around the house BF.

Anyone else have issues like this? I think it might be lightly bruised. Will running in VFF's help in toughening up that area of my feet?

I have issues running barefoot on the treadmill because of the friction it generates. Something moving under your feet vs you moving throws me off a little. 

I'd say take it easy on the bf-ing, then easy back again. Repetition should teach you what works best. 

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com