Barefoot Runners

VFF Sizing (Read 285 times)

You may recall that I recently damaged my new VFFs.  When I went to get new ones, I figured it should be easy... I had recently purchased some and knew my size, so I just grabbed a pair of 42s and headed to the register.  I got home to find that they were huge!  I looked inside, they were indeed marked 42.  I looked in my old ones... 42.  Maybe my memory was off?  I put on the old ones and they fit perfectly.  The new ones definitely felt too big.

Has anyone else seen this size discrepancy?  Will I need to try them on every time I buy a new pair?  Both pairs were KSOs, but they were different colors... this shouldn't matter, but maybe it does?

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

The only thing I can think of, did you buy Women's the first time, and Men's the second?  This would explain the size discrepancy.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Has anyone else seen this size discrepancy?  Will I need to try them on every time I buy a new pair?  Both pairs were KSOs, but they were different colors... this shouldn't matter, but maybe it does?

It does not surprise me.

I measured my feet according to the instructions on VFF site. According to the size conversion chart my size should be 43 for the KSOs and 42 for the Classics. I went to a local store to try them on. Classics 42 fitted snuggly (perfect), KSOs 43 (brown color) were definitely too big (according to the chart 43 should be o.k.). They didn't have KSOs 42 on stock so I ordered them by mail. They arrived (brown color as well) and - guess what - they were too big as well! I kept them nevertheless, but I think the quality control in VFF factories in China could use some improvement.