On the Bench

9 weeks post "trauma" (Read 126 times)

So I am 7.5 weeks in an air-cast and 9 weeks since the fateful run when it was misdiagnosed and actually 11 weeks since I first felt pain or had a proper run.  I have felt a teeny bit better in the last couple of days.  I have kept the boot on when I'm on my feet a lot but if I am sitting and reading or on the computer, I take it off and wear running shoes tied loosely.  I am still sore but it feels like I could walk (slowly) for short periods of time. I haven't, though.  But at least I don't get the massive pain and swelling that I was getting before.  It is still a bit swollen but very little. 

On Wednesday I see the doctor to get the bone scan results.  Hopefully he will tell me that I can stop wearing the air-cast.  

Finally I am seeing the tiniest bit of progress, which is what I have been waiting for.  From the way I feel right now, we are looking at March at least for any return to any kind of running.  I already have my Pfitzinger schedule that Joe recommended printed out!  Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Fingers are crossed and hoping for the best.  Big grinBig grinBig grin

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

That sounds really promising!  I've got fingers crossed too.  Good luck at the Dr and with the progress xx

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Progress is good! Hope the news from the doc is good as well. Hang in there,Ruth Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Promising is good! Good luck Wednesday, let us know how it goes!