On the Bench

Off the Bench and Into a Race? (Read 97 times)

Dog-Love

I was looking at my recovery calender and I am allowed to start running around the end of March which is the day of my favorite Juneau 10K. One little goon in my head is saying "Go for it" while the good goon is saying "why don't you help and volunteer at the finish line" What to do?
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Now that was a bath...

Well logic would probably point me away from running a race so soon, but hey, I probably wouldn't take my own advice anyhow so who am I to tell you not to run. I can tell you that I am on my third run after an 8 week break and my muscles are struggling a little with much shorter distances than I was achieving before. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Dog-Love

Well at least you are back at it and that must be mentally positive. I have a couple of kids too (9 &13) and lately they look at me in pity and say..Aw mom you'll be able to run soon. Usually when I take them to soccer practice I can get a 6 mile run in but these days I chat with the other soccer mom/dads drink coffee and hang out. Even my kids want me back to running! Plus my legs are shrinking..so weird. I will volunteer at the race because when leave this group I do not want back.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

If I were you, I would run the 10k, but not race it. Take the time to enjoy being a runner again and not worry about the finish time. Typically, I would help out with pre-race tasks such as hanging out bibs so you can have it both ways. Congrats on your recovery!