On the Bench

Feeling like crap (Read 268 times)

Last Monday woke up with a very sore throat, that just got worse. Now it feels as if I have all the cotton ever bailed stuffed into my head. I missed my first Saturday training run this weekend since the group formed 1/13 of this year. I really wanted to run it anyway but it was cold and raining. With the HM just 3 weeks away I figured that was the worst thing I could do! Too many day and no running. This HM is not going to be a good one and I'll be I'll be walking a lot of it.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Now that was a bath...

Ahhhh that sucks! Look on the bright side though. You'll recover quick enough. I hope that it's in time to get back on track with your training, but if not, you can always try to find another HM in the near future which will fit in with your new schedule. Get well soon Brother. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        . This HM is not going to be a good one and I'll be I'll be walking a lot of it.
        Gregg - too early to tell yet, but I commiserate with your frustration! I do think you are smart not to push through training when you don't feel good - 3 weeks is still a long ways off. I'm still betting that you will be posting a victory thread after the HM. Hey - saw this in the local paper today - thought you might get a kick out of it. Big grin future bear poop

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

WOW!! Tim Treadwell part II!!! Tim was nuts!! After seeing the flim about Tim it bothers me that he took on the name Treadwell, which is my grandmother's maiden name. Tim was not directly a Treadwell but related none the less, or so says his dad. The Treadwell expert says ALL North American Treadwell's can be traced to one Thomas Treadwell. Every tree seems to have a few nuts. But why did Tim have to be so public?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Update?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group