On the Bench

Update (Read 432 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

That's excellent news Cheryl! You should ease back into it like how I'm easing back into it Tongue Go to PT and get pampered!
      That's excellent news Cheryl! You should ease back into it like how I'm easing back into it Tongue Go to PT and get pampered!
      Pampered? Hardly Tongue There's a scene from the Simpson movie where Homer is whipping his sled dogs yelling "Rest! Rest!" Sometimes I feel like that except I am yelling at my quads "Grow! Grow!" Roll eyes My biggest problem is working "rest" into cross training schedule..... Big grin On a positive note, I am still showing really remarkable restraint rebuilding "running" at a most ridiculously slow pace.... Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

I talked to the bone endo today, he looked over my 2 DEXA's - said they were accurate - 4.4% loss - average loss post-menopause is 3% - 5%., and continues at that rate for around 5-7 years before slowing down. He does think I should repeat the scan in 1 year. My research shows that lower BMI is a risk factor - but not sure if that is because being heavier does put additional stress on your bones. I also found that having a big psoas helps slow vertebral loss, and that is where my biggest loss is coming from. So, not planning on gaining weight , but will really work on building those hip flexors, which I was going to do anyways. The bitter with the sweet....some of this might be genetic, but hey, I've accepted that I have to live and deal with what I have got. If there is a bigger increase/loss at next year's scan, I will seek a second opinion at that time. For now, I am just going to enjoy life, knowing that I am doing the best I can with what I've got.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group