On the Bench

Remind me, Please!!! (Read 131 times)

That the reason I joined this group is because I had an injury I need RA - that's Runners Anonymous - I want to run!!! Apparently the pharmacy that supplies the imaging centers with the tracer for the bone scan had supply issues - so my bone scan was postponed and now I won't have it done until Monday. Meanwhile - although my leg is feeling much better - and I have no more single leg jump inhibition, and I have already taken 2 1/2 weeks off from running, I still haven't been "cleared" to run - although I have come close to "flying" on the elliptical!!! On a positive note, I am looking at weight training with a new eye Wink It's going to be a loooong week-end - I should get my lab work back on Monday from the endo, and my DEXA scan and bone scan results on Tuesday from the orthopedic doc. After that, the next time I see a doc it better be at the gym or on the trail!!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Now that was a bath...

Ack - that's a pooper about the bone scan delay. I hope that you get a good result from it though and that you can return to running ASAP. Injury sucks. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Dog-Love

Hey Cheryl: gotta love the elliptical trainer! The great thing about resting now is the weather is so bad! Take the rest...get the bone scan...and in the long run (sorry) you will be on the bench for a shorter time? Or...go for a run...get the bone scan...and stay here for a longer bit. Oh sure the run will probably be OK, but whatever is going on in your leg might respond not so well to that "flash in the pan" run Those are the same goons that are in my head!!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          I know - just needed to vent a little - and I can't stop thiinking about food!!! It's not like I'm really hungry - it's like I'm craving flavors? I'm never like this when I'm running!!! It's only 7 am here and I am already contemplating a quick workout followed by a trip to IHOP - maybe just the trip to IHOP - did a 2 hr endurance workout - aerobics + weights yesterday, and my quads are feeling it today. Thanks for the good wishes and glad to hear both of you are progressing in your recovery.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group