On the Bench

checkup - Apr 9 (Read 323 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Bad girl putting "gimp" in your username - how about AbbaGump Wink
    I like AbbaGump, reminds me of Bubba Gump, who is, of course, friend of Forrest, and we all know he can run!
      I like AbbaGump, reminds me of Bubba Gump, who is, of course, friend of Forrest, and we all know he can run!
      Actually Forrest Gump - but I like your version better Smile So true about the pain killers - worst thing I did was following that" ice + 1 ibuproben" article before my runs - helped me keep running on my stress# - in my gut, I knew it wasn't a good idea - I was just so deperate to keep running at the time.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

So I confess, I am now worse. Sad I was feeling better, and was walking around my condo more and starting to think that maybe in a week or so I will be off crutches completely, and clearly my cockiness was overheard by the stress fractures gods (sfg's?) and I got put in my place (aka "pimped." Yet another med-school expression, though usually used differently!) Of course, I am now trying to figure out what is going on. Did I walk to much yesterday? Am I putting too much weight on my foot when I hobble around? Was it the sitting around not moving much for a week on vacation that was really helpful and now that I am back in the hospital is it going to slow down? Is this normal achiness that will go away? I love the ups, but the downs of recovery really suck! No, I dont expect ya'll to know the answer or how to solve my problem - if you do holler! But I do appreciate your listening!
          (((hugs))) totally sucks - are you going to see your doc if it doesn't get better in a day or so - maybe it's just normal recovery pain? Hey - keep filling me in on the lingo - DS is just finishing his 1st year of pre-med (4.0 last semester - proud mom!)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

I dont know...I would probably e-mail him first. There's not much for him to say or look at. Its not clear I have many options at this point - I need to keep up with my rotations (otherwise I wont be able to graduate on time and that would suck! If I take a year off, its to go abroad, not to make up 3-months of my third year!) I can do less weight-bearing (put less weight on my foot or not put it down) which I will try, but I am thinking maybe I need another week of vacation to heal. Wink I did switch my first surgery rotation to anesthsiology - so I have 3 weeks until ortho. But I still need to make it to class and the hospital and all that. Way to go to your son!!! GUMP is a Vanderbilt term, as far as I can tell. You get pimped by residents\attendings who ask you questions. As in: "I got asked a question and I answered it. So then I got asked a harder question which I knew the answer to. And then I got asked a really hard question. Man I got put in my place by the attending who impressed me with his great answer to that really complicated question!" But it often gets translated to "I got asked hard questions by the resident\attending" as in "I got pimped after I presented that patient to the attending today."
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting any better. We all been there. My only solace is that I know that if I rest enough, my body will eventually heal itself. I don't know how long it will take, but it will. FYI - I'm sitting on top of an ice pack in front of my computer.