On the Bench

Checkin - Apr 23 (Read 434 times)

. I still prefer a magic wand. Anyone find one lying around? Wink
    HTH Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Shaunna - do you have diabetes? (Am I allowed to ask in a public forum!) Because I hear diabetic neuropathy can be super painful! Given how frustrated I am, I can only imagine how bad this must be for you! At least I know what I have, even if I am not sure what the best way to treat it is.
      Ab - glad you are happy with your doc - it's a tough decision - I think I would opt for a pin over a hip replacement, though. Hope the next 2 weeks are the ones that have you finally pain free..
      The hip replacement is the threat if I dont use the crutches. (ie, dont be stupid or else!) Pin is the other option if I am fed up and want to treat aggressively. I was in e-mail contact with her yesterday and she agrees that given how benign it is now, we should wait. (If it wasnt getting worse I wouldnt even think about it.) I am meeting with her in 2 weeks, but in her e-mail she said she would recommend waiting a month. Of course, that puts me at the beginning of 5 weeks of general surgery which will be much harder to miss\make up as compared to 2 weeks of ortho which I can either miss (they should understand!) or make up in July or something. If I am going to end up going the surgery route I would rather do it sooner than later and get it over with so I can move on in my life. Then again, I would prefer to avoid it if I can. I cant believe what a mess this has turned into! And I still wonder what would have happened if I had it diagnosed in the beg of Feb when I first went to see someone! Yes, I know. The retrospectoscope is always 20/20. Thanks for the magic fairy! I hope that fairy dust will help too!
        Shaunna - do you have diabetes? (Am I allowed to ask in a public forum!) Because I hear diabetic neuropathy can be super painful! Given how frustrated I am, I can only imagine how bad this must be for you! At least I know what I have, even if I am not sure what the best way to treat it is.
        Of course you can ask! It's funny, lately I've been asking myself that same question. I've had blood work done for my hypothyroid, but I don't know if I've ever been specifically tested for diabetes. Recently I've been super thirsty, and though I drink water until I want to explode the thirst doesn't go away. Also if I go more than a few hours between eating I get really dizzy. Other than that I don't really have any other symptoms except for fatigue and irriatability, which are probably just due to lack of excercise. Smile I think it's worth getting tested though. My PCP is in Connecticut, I still haven't found one in FL since I've always just gone for a checkup when I go home, but this will motivate me to get one here I guess. The foot doc was saying they might do some bloodwork anyways to rule out gout, infection, etc. I do have some nerve issues realted to a female problem (no details on that in a public thread though!). I'm wondering if they might be related... I'm sorry you're having such troubles. I understand about if you need the surgery wanting to get it over with and recover and move on ASAP. One of my good friends is in med school and he just started his surgery rotation and he said it's the most exhausted he has ever been. I really hope you get some good treatment news in 2 weeks.
          amcneice - congrats on the healed tibia! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the MRI has good news - you know, the kind which shows something that is wrong, explaining your pain, but that can be fixed easily.
          Things checked out okay much to my dismay, Dr. told me to start up on it and see if and when the pain returned. Gotten a couple of smaller runs in with no pain so maybe the broken leg was a godsend. We'll see.
            Where was the fracture site? High or low?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group