On the Bench

Got my shot (Read 107 times)

I saw the orthopedist again today after 3 weeks of PT not working and he agreed that I still definitely have the neuroma and that a cortisone shot directly into the nerves was the next reatment option. I got the shot this morning (it hurt, but not as bad as the horror stories that I have heard). Now the foot feels painful everywhere as the novicane wears off, but I am allowed to bike again tomorrow and run again on Saturday!! WOO!! We'll know in 3-4 days whether or not this worked, so keep your fingers crossed!! There is a 5K on March 25th that I really really want to run in, so if I can get back on the road this weekend and stay pain-free I think I might have a fighting shot!
      So - does the cortisone shrink the neuroma? Here's hoping for a successful run on Saturday!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

The idea is that the cortisone causes the whole area around the nerve mass as well as the nerve mass to become less inflames and hopefully break up the mass and start functioning normally again. I may have to have 2 or 3 shots, 1 every 3 weeks to see if the whole effect works. I was doint the electroshock thing like you have at PT. Cool machine, but it wasn't helping me too much. I hope youre results are better!