On the Bench

Leg didn't cope with my last run (4.66k) (Read 254 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Eric - I am so sorry about Boston - I know it doesn't help right now, but it was so amazing that you qualified. Hopefully your x-rays will be negative and mabe that will help speed a diagnosis for you. Smile
    I could never qualify for Boston in my age group. I need a 3:10. If I can run that kind of time, I'd be famous by now. There are other ways of getting in Boston. One is by raising money for a charity, while another involves finding an invitational number. BAA gives out invitational numbers to sponsors and local running clubs. My club got 4 numbers this year, but my name wasn't picked from the lottery. However, I have friends with great connections and they can get the sponsor invitational numbers. That was how I got mine, which I had to give back, which was also why I was so down. I don't get to run Boston often, so every chance I get is precious.

Now that was a bath...

Back from the x-ray, blood test and physio. The x-ray showed nothing. Now I wait for the letter with the appointment for the MRI. Eric that truly sucks about Boston. I'd absolutely love to qualify for Boston some day. Maybe if I can do it before my 40th birthday in four years, then I can persuade my husband to let me go as a birthday present! Having to give up a free ticket must really burn. I keep hoping that you will make a miraculous recovery. Do you think that doing those two races in florida back to back caused this problem? Cheryl - I guess that we are both on our way to recovery. I hope your machine works its magic and speeds up the process for you though. It sounds like your legs have really been through the mill! Has anyone given an opinion as to why you have suffered so many fractures? Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        Has anyone given an opinion as to why you have suffered so many fractures?
        Last year was due to training error and I over pronate as well. I think I was healthy - but who knows what was brewing. If I had known about the previous fractures ,I would have taken some down time at the 1st sign of repeat trouble. After last summer, I just kept saying I never want to go through that again, now the pain is much less, but the recovery is going to be longer. By the time I get cleared for full impact, it's possible I will have lost 14-16 weeks. I think the double surgeries I had took more out of me than I realized - especially since both involved metabolic hormones, but I have to take responsibility as well for running too many miles too quickly. I knew I was on the edge, but with all the stresses I had going on I thought I was willing to risk it - funny how hindsight changes all that Roll eyes I'm just trying to stay positive until the next set of x-rays 6 weeks from now. I feel certain you will be well on your way before me - but until then - it does help to have the company -

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group