On the Bench

Good news (Read 317 times)

My doctor thinks there is no reason I can't run. After I heal up, that is. People keep asking me "are you going to go back to running" so I asked her and she said one of the advantages of going the surgical route is I will be able to run much, much sooner.
      that IS good news! so are you going to go ahead on wednesday?
        Maybe. Dependns on whether it is an even or an odd hour. It is good news. Except it makes it harder for me to ask my parents for a fancy bike for my upcoming birthday. Actually, my dad told me a while ago that I should go to some bike stores and figure out what I want....but I think I need to wait until I get back from abroad next year.

Finished!

Well that is certainly good news Smile What do you mean that it depends on if its an even v odd hour?
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
            Well, its 11 something now. That means I am on for tomorrow. Wait another hour and I will probably change my mind. At this point, I am not optimistic its going to get better any time soon. And I would rather just get it over with and move on with my life. But I think its one of those things that until I it happens, I will be a bit unsure if I am going to wimp out or not.
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

What time are you scheduled to go in? And how soon will we hear from you afterwards? I need to set up a count down or something.
                Well, its 11 something now. That means I am on for tomorrow. Wait another hour and I will probably change my mind. At this point, I am not optimistic its going to get better any time soon. And I would rather just get it over with and move on with my life. But I think its one of those things that until I it happens, I will be a bit unsure if I am going to wimp out or not.
                That last 24 hours before sugery is really tough - but then, so are you. You are going to do fine. I think I would have made the same decision to go ahead with the surgery at this point. When are you going abroad? Good Luck - and hope you keep us posted on your progress. Smile Time to start looking for a new song.....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

I was scheduled for 7:30, but because I was indecisive I got bumped until last so I would screw up her schedule. (Good job, me!) I am supposed to be in at 10:00 and they'll call if it is moved up. She has three short cases before me (2 bone biopsies - ouch - and one abscess to drain) so if they can get the OR turned over quick or can get her a second OR so she doesn't have to wait for them to clean it between cases it could be as early as 11. Something tells me I will be sitting in holding pretty nervous for quite a while. Dr. RedHead said I would be there at least overnight. Ick! I would totally rather go home and sleep in my bed, but I guess not. At least I know where they keep the ice-cream - and to think most patients dont even know to ask for it. Dead I added a new song just for you, Cheryl! I think I need it now!
                    Good luck Abba-soon-to-not be-so-gimpy. WinkWe will be waiting for your next update!
                      I added a new song just for you, Cheryl! I think I need it now!
                      Waaaah! Page not found!!! Now I have to be in suspense about what song it is until you get home. Don't be brave - take your pain meds before the pain gets too bad - it's true what they say about pain being harder to control if you let it get too far ahead. Good luck, Ab Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Good luck Abba-soon-to-not be-so-gimpy! We'll be waiting right here (because we have no where else to go), eagerly waiting to hear the good word!
                          I e-mailed my doctor today and included a warning that I'm probably going to be a wimp - I am sure I wont be the first wimp they have taken care of. Roll eyes Cheryl - try again. The link now works.
                            My mom is coming in Thursday. She didnt seem to understand my telling her repeatedly "gee, I would really prefer for you to come the following weekend when I am feeling better and we can celebrate my birthday." I just dont want to have to deal with having company when I am feeling lousy. Why can't parents listen? If she is truly coming in for me, dont you think she would come when I want her to?