On the Bench

I did a bad thing (Read 151 times)

The weather was warmer and the sun came out briefly - I can see a little bare pavement on some of the sidewalks and soft shoulders. I think I started hallucinating about running - I could almost feel the wind in my hair, my heart pumping as I ascend the hill on my favorite route, my feet lightly keeping time to the beat of my MP3 player, my arms swinging in rhythm. I could feel the pressure of the ground as I pushed off, my knees flexing as my quads absorbed the impact - the endorphins flowing - the rush of knowing I had made it to the top.....as I slowly got out of my car, headed to the locker room, and prepared for my swim Cry Ok so after I did my laps, I just had to try - and ran(waddled) for 100 meters ( I was at the shallow pool - max depth 5') - not the smartest thing I could have done - I did feel a few twinges while I was doing my hair after - but seems to be OK now. Guess I'm not quite ready for impact yet. Still 2.5 weeks to go until the next x-ray...sigh

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Well you at least get a gold star for doing it in water!! I, after a little over 2 wks, decided that since I felt great yesterday, I'd try a little on the treadmill. Only about 1.5 miles and then I started feeling pain in my hip. Very frustrating, I know.

Finished!

LOL - I agree - well done for at least doing it in the pool - I have been sorely tempted to run on the treadmill anyway. You know I'm in bad shape if I'm craving a date with the Dreadmill!
        Walk + Jog = wog.
        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
          You know I'm in bad shape if I'm craving a date with the Dreadmill!
          No kidding!! Did you ever think you'd see the day!? *gah*