On the Bench

That's it, I am moving to New Zealand (Read 398 times)

.. or at least a country with good health insurance. warning: rant.... It took 3 weeks from my last doctor's visit to get approval for my MRI with and w/out contrast. I finally set up the appt and go today. I fill out all the paperwork and just as we are about to start, they tell me my insurance only covers 80% of what will be AT LEAST a $2000 bill. I asked why since at my last MRI in January they covered 100%. It turns out that they cover 100% when it is at a diagnostic place, but only 80% when it is at a hospital. Well, that is ridiculous to me, so I walked out without getting it. It will probably take another 4 weeks to get the new one (visit doctor next week, get prescription for diagnostic place, get insurance approval, make appt, etc). I am SO frusterated. You think someone might have mentioned that during this long process. I am (almost) ready to give up and just deal with the pain. The funny thing is that I ran further this morning, thinking that maybe I could aggrevate whatever it is and make it show up on the MRI, and today I feel better than I have in a long time! At least since I had the afternoon off to get the MRI, I didn't go back to work and got to start my weekend early. Smile HAve a good weekend all!
      Shaunna - that'a so bad!! At least they told you before you had the test run. It's so annoying, not to mention time consuming going through all that. Glad your run went better Smile Cheryl

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

We definitely need to overhaul the medical industry. Patients were asked to jump through unnecessary hoops to see the proper doctor or receive the proper care. Health plans are so concerned with making money that they lose sight of the fact that they're treating PEOPLE! I prefer the olden days when I can walk into my doctor's office and exchange a pig for his service (reference to Doc Hollywood and not actual experience).