Chicago Marathon

Interview with Race Director Carey Pinkowski (Read 281 times)

Runner's World today posted an interview with the Chicago Marathon race director. Not a lot of new information, but feel free to check it out: http://dailynews.runnersworld.com/2008/09/a-brief-chat--9.html I hope everyone's preparations are going well. I'm pretty sure you will have all received your confirmation booklets by now. I added a link on the group front page to the online version just in case you haven't. I also added a link to the spectators guide so that friends and family (myself included) can plan the best viewing spots. As some of you might know from other posts, I'm not running Chicago this year. Instead, I'll be heading out to Utah for the St. George Marathon the weekend before. On the bright side, I'll be back in Chicago for the race and I'll get to be a full-fledged spectator and supporter this year, which should be fun in its own way.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Frank4

Good luck out in Utah this weekend, Berner. The serious amount of training you have put in to this one will surely pay off for you. I envy the kind of mileage weeks you have been putting up. That takes a huge amount of dedication with everything else that comes along with everyday life. I am running Chicago this year. Looking forward to it, as I love the city and ran my first marathon there in 2005. Have only run one other "official" marathon since then, but looking for a PR by a good margin this time. Let us know how St. George goes for you...best of luck!
      RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

He's in Running Times as well...

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."