Chicago Marathon

2013 Registration Re-Opens: March 5 (Read 93 times)

I got a receipt emailed to me pretty much instantly - I must have lucked out with my timing.  Good luck!

Joann Y

Oh boy, well hopefully I didn't pay three times. Wait and see I guess. Ugh.

B-Plus

I received my email confirmation, but it did take a few minutes to process when I hit submit or pay or whatever it was.

Joann Y

Finally got through again and the card was only charged once. Says I'm registered when I look myself up. Now to wait for the confirmation email....

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  It took me 1 hour and 21 minutes, 100 refreshes, filled out the form like 20 times, but I am in!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

After high demand crashed servers, registration for the Chicago Marathon was suspended in the first day.  The marathon has now announced their plan to hold a lottery for the final 15,000 available spots.  I've updated the first post in this thread with the new details.  In short:

Interested runners can enter the lottery at chicagomarathon.com starting on Tuesday, March 5, at 12:01 a.m. CST until Thursday, March 7, at 9 p.m. CST. From those entries, 15,000 names will be randomly selected to fill the remaining spots in the 2013 Chicago Marathon. Those individuals will be notified on Tuesday, March 12, and they will have until 9 p.m. CST on Thursday, March 14, to complete their official registration.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Outside Lane

OMG - I am in - it will be my first marathon.  I am committed!

See how they run...

OMG - I am in - it will be my first marathon.  I am committed!

Congratulations! Chicago is a great first marathon - flat, good amenities, great crowds.  The rest is up to you!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.