Chicago Marathon

Corral assignments (Read 158 times)

Am I doing this right?

I just faxed in my results from this past weekend to get a corral assignment.  I'm just wondering how long it usually takes them to process these requests?  Anyone know?

No excuses....

They are usually pretty efficient about the updates.  I've heard of as little as 1-day updating, but 2-3 days seems pretty common.  I'd give it a week before assuming something went wrong. 

Keep an eye on your listing in the confirmation database. When your corral assignment gets processed, it will appear here.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

sAc238

Zeus

As Berner said, usually a day or two.

I also faxed mine in on Thursday last week -- still not updated.  Was going to wait until next week to see if it gets updated; maybe the fax operator is on vacation  ;-)

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

Am I doing this right?

Well, that didn't take long.  Faxed it in yesterday morning.  Just checked this morning and had my Corral D assignment.  Great turnaround.

A couple more weeks and the real fun starts.

No excuses....

sAc238

Zeus

Well, that didn't take long.  Faxed it in yesterday morning.  Just checked this morning and had my Corral D assignment.  Great turnaround.

A couple more weeks and the real fun starts.

Yup, they updated mine overnight also.  Looks like we are all set.

Glad it worked out for you two.  Two more pieces of advice:

1.  If you happen to qualify to move up to a higher corral before the cutoff date in August, don't be shy about submitting your results.  Despite what it might say on the website, I've never heard of someone denied a seeding request because the corrals were "full."

2.  If you're in a seeded corral, give yourself at least an extra 10-15 minutes to get to the corral on race morning.  Chicago is pretty diligent about checking bibs, and that causes a backup at the seeded checkpoints.  Depending on which corral you are in, you'll need to get through at least two and possibly three checkpoints.  Its not a big deal, but it does add time to the morning logistics.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

sAc238

Zeus

3.  Don't wait to use the porta-potties.  See those people to the East [toward the lake] with their backs toward you -- head there.  Or wait until the first 1/4 mile and you enter the lower bowels (literally) of Chicago by Columbus/Wacker.  Plenty of places to go there also (just follow the others like you who are peeling off the center median toward the pillars).  

I too have never heard of a corral filling for Chicago.  Move up if you can !