Chicago Marathon

Good Luck on 10-10-10 (Read 102 times)

Good luck to everyone running this year's Chicago Marathon.  This will be my fourth, and its looking to be a warm one.  Not 2007 warm, but more like 2008 warm, which was far from ideal.  I feel bad for anyone with firm time goals, because the temps look like they're going to be high enough to suggest some caution and some discretion.

Stay safe out there, and I hope everyone has a good race and finishes happy and healthy.

By the way, here's what's waiting for you at the finish line:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I hope everyone who raced yesterday made it safely to the finish line, and is recovering today. Tough conditions out there: nearly 70 degrees at the start, and just north of 80 degrees during the heart of the course.  Sunny with almost no clouds.  Not much wind either (both a blessing and a curse).  Almost identical conditions to 2008, but not as bad as 2007. 

Yikes: that makes 3 warm years out of four.  I doubt that race organizers can make any changes, since its really just bad luck and coincidence.

Anyway, I know we had a really quiet forum this year.  That's fine - we're here when you need us and we're here when you don't.  Congrats to all the 10-10-10 finishers.  See you next year!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.