Chicago Marathon

Congratulations 2011 Runners (Read 120 times)

Congratulations to everyone in the RunningAhead community who ran the 2011 Chicago Marathon. The warmer weather was a bit of a bummer, but hopefully everyone ran smart and finished strong.

Thanks also to the supporters and volunteers.  Crowds were absolutely amazing yesterday -- this was almost certainly the best spectator turnout I've seen in any of my five Chicago Marathons.

Hope everyone had a great race.  See you in 2012.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

protoplasm72

Yup, nice race guys.  I was at mile 25 with my sign the whole time.  I didn't specifically recognize any of you but lots of people commented on the sign as they went by so sorry if you did and I just said something generic.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

I saw a "HTFU" sign near mile 25, but the person holding it didn't look at all like the photo in your profile.  Then again, I was dehydrated, light-headed, and in sever pain, so who the hell knows what I actually saw.  Regardless, thanks for coming out and supporting the field.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Maniac

Yup, nice race guys.  I was at mile 25 with my sign the whole time.  I didn't specifically recognize any of you but lots of people commented on the sign as they went by so sorry if you did and I just said something generic.  

Okay....I saw 2 HTFU signs....Both were near the end....I yelled something at the first guy (didn't look like you), and he and his buddy laughed.  I saw another one (definitely you, now that I'm looking at your picture again) closer to the finish.  You were talking to a lady.  By then, my buddies were in severe pain, and we were just trying to get to the finish in one piece.  We had been out there quite awhile.  I felt fine, but was really bored by then.

Thanks for standing out there!

Thanks for the congrats Berner...I hope you had a good race despite the dehydration/pain.  The spectator turnout was fantastic....They were really into it on almost the whole course.  It was great to see.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

protoplasm72

What?  Someone was stealing my glory, ha ha.  I did not hear about the second htfu sign.  Congrats on finishing.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson