Chicago Marathon

Weather looks pretty good (Read 237 times)

BostonRnr

The current forecast for Sunday in Chicago is 40 to 48 degrees (F) with "few showers." This is my first time running Chicago, but that sounds pretty good compared to the last two years of intense heat. Now I just have to fight my temptation to overdress.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0225?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

We don't want it to rain. 40 degrees and rain? That's going to be miserable. The rain part. I like the 40f part.

Was it all a dream?

Hopefully the "few showers" will be later in the day.
        RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

A starting temp of 40 is great vs 65-70F at the start last year.  I was sweating buckets after 2 miles.   However, just say no to rain...

Dressing for rain in 40F temps is a pain as you risk overheating in the 2nd half or freezing on that stretch down Michigan Ave, which will likely be into the wind.   If the rain is steady, I'll add a baseball cap and maybe a very light vest, else it's singlet and gloves and perhaps some home made arm warmers for the early miles.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Hopefully the "few showers" will be later in the day.

I only have plans for one shower later in the day.

Tom Skilling, the go-to weatherman in Chicago, is saying slight chance of minor rain in the afternoon.  The morning looks to be cool, crisp, and dry.  For now.

Linkage: Tom Skilling (WGN) 7-Day Forecast

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.