Chicago Marathon

Who's running this year? (Read 107 times)

protoplasm72

I'm planning on going down to watch this weekend.  I'll be there with my HTFU sign once again.  Who should I be looking out for?  I'm not sure where I'll be standing this year but it might be towards the middle of the race.  Usually I like to be around mile 25 with that sign but I might be meeting someone else at a different spot.  I'll make sure to post where I'll be standing by saturday.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Maniac

I'll be there....Gray shirt, black shorts, white hat....Bib #16312.  Hopefully I'll actually be running by the time you see me.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

I'll be there, tendonitis and all.  This won't be one for the record books, but I'm bound and determined to at least get through it no matter how much it hurts.  Clothes yet to be determined.  Wearing a B bib.  Starting with the C's.  Finishing behind the D's, I have no doubt.  Black eye

I've seen you out there before, including last year if my addled memory still works.  To whom should I yell out if I see you this year?  "Pro-to-plas-m sev-en-ty two" is a lot of syllables to blurt out....have a shorter preference?

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

protoplasm72

Most people call me Joe in real life.  Some call me a-hole but I probably won't acknowledge you if you yell that at me in the race Smile   Your memory is playing tricks on you cause I was not there last year.  I was there in 2008 and 2009 and will have the exact same sign again this year.  I do remember seeing you last time but I didn't know it was you till you mentioned it on here.  People frequently acknowledge me with that sign so I don't always know if it is just some random guy or someone from here.  Looks like you are both named Matt so it's easy for me.  If I recognize you I'll yell your name with some motivating insult  Shocked

This group seems slow this year.  Maybe I'll start a thread out in the public area.  There has to be more RA'ers running this race.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

It must have been 2009, since I ran elsewhere in 2008.  In 2009 I was wearing my Colts jersey because the Colts were undefeated at the time.  Oh how times have changed.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.