Chicago Marathon

Weather on Sunday (Read 357 times)

derek

The forecast for Sunday looks like a high of 72 and low of 49 with scattered thunderstorms. The high the Saturday is supposed to be 82. I hope the forecast is pretty accurate. While I would have preferred the weather to be a bit cooler, a high of 72 certainly beats a high of 82 on the Saturday

Derek

All business

I function best in the cold. Last year the race was towards the end of Oct. and it was around 40 degs. I loved it. So, i'll be rooting for cooler weather (maybe not 40's cool), but i'm sure we'll all do great with whatever it is that we get.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Yay for the Chicago Marathon weather watch! Here's Tom Skilling's latest forecast:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

derek

For some reason, long range forecasts always seems to be on the "colder" side. Now that we're getting nearer, weather.com is showing a high of 83F and and a low of 65F for Sunday. If this trend continues, the high and low may end up being the same as it is here in North TX!

Derek

Unfortunately, it looks the spectators are going to enjoy the weather more than the runners. Fortunately we've all trained through the summer, so everyone should know what its like to run in warmer temps.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Was it all a dream?

everyone should know what its like to run in warmer temps.
              Slow and painful... Goodbye PR hopes

IMKY13 finish!!

I just checked weather.com and it's calling for a low of 67 degrees, with a high of 86 degrees Sunday

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles