Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

Sometimes a little time off is a good thing.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just get back in the habit of getting out there.  Like Greg said, I doubt you lost too much especially since you have been running very well of late.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

I agree with everyone here, and I think Greg C is right on.  Just get out the door, maintain the habit and within a few weeks you won't even know you had any downtime except when you look at your log.  I know firsthand that log obsession can be consuming and hard to break, but we middle aged non professional runners need to step back every now and then I think. 

I'm solving this be becoming obsessed with Rob, Doug, Greg and Cuch's log, because there's darned good stuff in there. Gadman not so much.  I think he's become Amish and they must be against running.

Look forward to seeing you in April.

Gadman not so much.  I think he's become Amish and they must be against running.

I think the Amish make you log your activities on a piece of bark or you have to notch a tree every mile, but it doesn't translate well to the Internet.

Home Away From Home

Can you imagine runnining in that black jacket and with a long beard. Glad I am not amish.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

dear sailah,

HEY!!!!   SNAP AH-DA-VIT!!!!

sincerely,

the pig

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

HEY!!!!   SNAP AH-DA-VIT!!!!

You sound like Allycia

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

gadman

I agree with everyone here, and I think Greg C is right on.  Just get out the door, maintain the habit and within a few weeks you won't even know you had any downtime except when you look at your log.  I know firsthand that log obsession can be consuming and hard to break, but we middle aged non professional runners need to step back every now and then I think. 

I'm solving this be becoming obsessed with Rob, Doug, Greg and Cuch's log, because there's darned good stuff in there. Gadman not so much.  I think he's become Amish and they must be against running.

Look forward to seeing you in April.

Guess I will shave the beard, shed the pants, toss the hat and come back and try to run with you guys. Coming home today or tomorrow

GregM

I agree with you Greg M. on the 1 day at a time for now, just get back into it. I know I haven't lost much and can regain it back with a little work.  I appreciate more then anything hearing the support. it will help me get back on my feet. Had a good run today, 9+ miles so it is a good start to starting over. 

I think you meant Greg C, Michael.  In any event, I agree with his "two cents."  Let me add mine:

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE VALUE OF REST.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE VALUE OF REST.

or a change of pace.

L Train

or the power of the dark side. 

Home Away From Home

Log has been quit for me but this is due to weather. We left port a few days ago for a cable repair and are getting hit big time by the N/ Pacific in the winter.  Walking is sometimes hardly possible much less running on the TM.

MM#5768

or the power of the dark side. 

or the ingenuity of complete fools.

that's fool....get it right. 

this ones mine baby. not the group's rock stah who's only followin in disguise. *puke*

L Train

I had to look up this up.  Then I also found

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher...or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.

I had to look up this up.  Then I also found

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher...or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.

I was quoting author Douglas Adams, from "Mostly Harmless" as I see Lance found another from him.  I still haven't gotten around to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I digress.

The Full quote would have been:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Now for Cuch...

Perhaps Scott Adams is more your speed (run pun intended), Cartoons vs Novels, all those words vs pretty cute pictures & works great with this thread... (I love Dilbert)who penned,

"You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public."

Zinga, Zinga, Zinga

Joking