Circle North

Boston 2016 (Read 21 times)

My salty dogs

2016 BOSTON MARATHON REGISTRATION OPENS
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 10:00 A.M. ET

Field size will be 30,000 official entrants for the 120th running of event

Registration for the 2016 Boston Marathon will open on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The B.A.A. will use the same process to register qualified runners as it used for the Boston Marathon in 2013, 2014, and 2015, allowing the fastest qualifiers in their gender and age group to register first.

The 2016 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 18, Patriots' Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and for the 31st consecutive year the event will be sponsored by John Hancock Financial. Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org

The qualification window for the 2016 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 13, 2014, and will remain open until the conclusion of registration for the 2016 Boston Marathon. To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet time standards which correspond to age and gender. The qualifying standards for the 2016 Boston Marathon remain unchanged from recent years.

To see qualifying standards, click the button below:

I don't have a huge cushion this time, so I'll try to throw some money at them and see if I squeak in. I suspect I will get in, but I could pretty happily do something else like maybe Sugarloaf if I don't. We'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Still nursing a bad foot and am trying to decide if I want to waste the entry fee or not.

What was I chasing again?

My salty dogs

In --  not sure if I can be there -- but I have a spot.

gadman

Ditto on both

Still nursing a bad foot and am trying to decide if I want to waste the entry fee or not.

Registered, if Doug was still around I would have blamed him.

Fro

sweeeeet - glad your in Mike - you worked too damn hard!

My salty dogs

+1

Welp, I tried to throw some money at the baa today. We'll see if a 2:26 cushion is enough.

"Beep, Beep!"

In... confirmed last Wednesday

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Randall

BAA Entries closed. Who is in?

Dunno about me yet, still in limbo.

GregM

I'm in.  Also registered for NYC on Nov 1.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

ACrosby

I'm in

Well, looks like Rob made it and I just missed it by 2 seconds. Ah well, I'll do something else. Congrats to all who got in.