Circle North

MCM Preview Run 04192014 (Read 12 times)

We are planning to run the last 17 miles of the Maine Coast Marathon course on Saturday April 19th.  Let's plan to meet at the YMCA at 8:30 am to determine the number of cars we need to bring and other arrangements, etc.  We will then head to UNE to drop a car or two.  Then we can drive to the start at Dock Square in Kennebunkport and run back to UNE from there.   We have a large number of MCM participants tied to the running group so I am expecting some interest.  I will also send an email and post on FB for those that are not on RA. Please post on here or email me if you plan to attend. The map feature on here is not cooperating so you can try to click on this link :MCM Preview Run or copy and paste this into your browser to view the route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6262443

Home Away From Home

I am in Sanford that time for a few days and would love to make this run. I am in no way capable of a fast17m, I will be lucky to run the whole thing for that matter but with Pineland coming up I need the long run practice so count me in even if I walk some. I will talk to Allycia and see if she can drive some people or if she is even available to join us.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

I plan to attend and what I'm hoping to do is to turn this into a 20 with 14 or so at 7:30-7:40 pace.  Not sure how this will work logistically with everyone but I'll make it work one way or another.

it is good to hear from you both. I would guess that there will be runners of all paces as this is the last workout before the marathon. I've already heard from others who are hoping for something slower, while I too am shooting for a good portion of the mileage At marathon pace. We will wait for everyone to get back to the college and even add on if the mileage is needed. It should be fun.

Runners attending:

gwen

egad

Ltrain

Mike Lecompte

louann

Stacy

alicia

andy

noel

ACrosby

I will be there and have similar plan to this

I plan to attend and what I'm hoping to do is to turn this into a 20 with 14 or so at 7:30-7:40 pace.  Not sure how this will work logistically with everyone but I'll make it work one way or another.

Mrs.Leigh

I'm in, but I have 20 to do that day so I'll have to add on and being that it takes me FAR LONGER than the rest of you I will have to leave my car at UNE so as not to make anyone wait around for me.  I'll just need to hitch a ride to the start.

Randall

Start here   05.6 miles: Turn Left onto Sea Rd, go around Beach Rd. should make it 20 miles

I will be in Boston So I am out

i believe that Louann said her participation was contingent upon yours so perhaps you can arrange something with her.

I'm in, but I have 20 to do that day so I'll have to add on and being that it takes me FAR LONGER than the rest of you I will have to leave my car at UNE so as not to make anyone wait around for me.  I'll just need to hitch a ride to the start.

3:48am, come on man

L Train

Seriously making us look like a bunch of slackers.  Or maybe you are looking like a partier, not sure.

L Train

I will be in Boston So I am out

Hey rub it in why don't you.  Ha.

3:48am, come on man

Seriously making us look like a bunch of slackers.  Or maybe you are looking like a partier, not sure.

Or an insomniac.  Take your pick.

L Train

Start here   05.6 miles: Turn Left onto Sea Rd, go around Beach Rd. should make it 20 miles  

Yep.  Whoever is with me for the 20 we can take two (or four) cars.  Both cars drive to the finish.  Leave one. Get in the other car and park at the 5.5 mark (I know right where that is).   When we finish, drive back to the start, get the other car and then drive to Federal Jacks (or somewhere else) for lunch.  Better ideas post 'em.

Would it not be easier to simply add on the 2+ miles at the end and keep the car swap a little easier? The portion before the Port is pretty insignificant anyhow. however we ultimately do this, I can do 20, with 15 near MP.

Yep.  Whoever is with me for the 20 we can take two (or four) cars.  Both cars drive to the finish.  Leave one. Get in the other car and park at the 5.5 mark (I know right where that is).   When we finish, drive back to the start, get the other car and then drive to Federal Jacks (or somewhere else) for lunch.  Better ideas post 'em.