Circle North

Boston 2015 (Read 21 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Registration starts today...

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

Who's in?

Registration for the 2015 Boston Marathon will open on Monday, September 8 at 10 a.m. ET, and will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers. The field size has been set at 30,000 entrants, and runners will be seeded based on qualifying time.
      The date you are allowed to register will correspond with the amount of time by which you’ve beat your qualifying standard.
      Registration schedule:
      Monday, September 8 at 10 a.m. ET: registration opens to runners who have met their standard by 20 minutes, 00 seconds or more
      Wednesday, September 10 at 10 a.m ET: if space remains, registration opens for runners who have met their standard by 10 minutes 00 seconds or more
      Friday, September 12 at 10 a.m. ET: if space remains, registration opens to those who have met their standard by 5 minutes, 00 seconds or more.
      Registration will close for the week on Saturday, September 13 at 10 p.m. ET.
      If space remains after the first week of registration, registration will re-open for ALL qualifiers from Monday, September 15 at 10 a.m. ET through Wednesday, September 17 at 5 p.m. ET.
      Registration will be held entirely online.
      Access to the application form will be posted on the registration page on our website beginning on September 8 at 10 a.m. ET.
      To find out what day you are allowed to register, you can use our registration calculator:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

ltovey

ltovey

Good luck to all of you who are qualifiers and plan to run Smile

I'm hoping that someday I will qualify - I'm thinking that I may need to wait until I hit the next age bracket... and I'm ok with that Smile

Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

L Train

I need to hit the next bracket AND have a sex change, so there's that.

My salty dogs

In -- Well I've given them my money again.  Let's see if I show up this time.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!!

In.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

In... Andy also in today!

ltovey

ltovey

I need to hit the next bracket AND have a sex change, so there's that.

Haha!  Not sure that would be worth it... but to each his own Smile

Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

It's full. Boo.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

In with Andy and Greg.  Too bad Alicia can't run with us.  Next year I expect she and Egad will.  Predictions anyone on the order of that finish?  Here's one scenario:

Boston 2016

1.  Alicia

2.  Egad

3.  Greg1

4.  Andy

5.  Greg2

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Alicia is still better than 50/50 for 2015, fyi.

GregM

Cool.  I thought registration was closed.

You're saying it will be open through Baystate?

GregM

Registration for the 2015 Boston Marathon has now closed. The registration process for the 2015 Boston Marathon began on September 8, and the maximum number of athletes who ran a qualifying performance and submitted their application for entry has now been reached. Registration will not reopen on Monday, September 22.

L Train

Anyone that had bq time 0-5 min. registered last week.  They are waiting on the cutoff.

Make sure you put down L train for 2016.