Circle North

Cuch's Ghost Train Trail Run Support Page (Read 284 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Robin... I am sending you lots of good Karma, and prayers for strength and perseverence. Be strong! I will be rooting for ya!!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

May God be with her (you, Robin, if you have a chance to see this before your run).  I don't know how anyone runs 100+ miles.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

oh can one of you boys with a phone please let the group know how this ends? i know you will probably anyways.

Will you not be running with your phone?

(I'd love to hear how you're doing, from you, that is, after 75 miles. Wink )

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Greg and I will each have a phone, I believe.  Michael will be with her (or at least on the course) for the first 35-50, then Cremer and/or I will be with her from 60 on.  So someone should be able to update something. 

I don't imagine cuch will be capable of the motor skills to push small buttons at that point even if she had a phone, and that's for real.  I know I wouldn't. 

L Train

OK Cremer, thinking out loud here.  I went to the store last night and bought more food than we need, I'm sure, because I'm an idiot. 

After speaking with the RD, I no longer think the firepit is a good idea.  It'a allowed, but it sounded like we may have to haul the thing through the woods a bit.  Plus getting it back the thing would be hot and we'd have to lug wood and the whole thing just seems like a PITA.  He refers to the parking area as a "short distance" from the start/finish, but I don't know what that is. 

So I propose that I bring the Explorer rather than the Jeep.  I can put the back seats down.  We can use the back of the Explorer as a bed.  I'll bring a sleeping bag and blankets, if you don't want my cooties than you are welcome to bring your own.  There's enough room to lay down back there, but I'm not saying it's completely comfortable. 

I'll bring a propane stove to heat stuff up on.  I bought mini pizzas and three sandwiches, Pringles, Snickers, Paydays, and Pepsi.  I'll bring leftover soup from the race today or buy some chicken noodle.  I'll bring coffee.  I was going to bring bacon and eggs but this sounds a little ridiculous now. 

We'll need water, to drink and fill Camelbaks and a little to cook/clean with.  You want to get that?  Ideally, we'd be able to get cuch some of this warm food, but having it ready when she arrives could be a trick.

Our order can depend on Ethan's soccer, here's what I think.  If he wins today, he will have a game tomorrow.  I'll arrange for him to get a ride to the game in Saco.  In that case, I can stay the whole race.  And in that case, I'll take loop 1, you take loop 2, we both take loop 3.  This is the scenario I'm hoping for.  If we run with cell phones, the guy running can call the car 20 minutes ahead of time or something with cuch's food order if something sounds good to her plus to be prepared with anything else she needs, and the dude in the car can get ready to run and bring the food/whatever from the car to the trail.  

If Ethan loses today, he does not have a game tomorrow.  In that case, I have to get back because I can't leave him home alone that long with Diane leaving in the late AM.  In that scenario, I take loop 1, we both take loop 2 (if you want to) and then I leave with all my crap.  You take loop 3 and get a ride home with Sailor. 

Map says it's 1:41 drive.  I say I plan to be at your place at 7:15.  We'll probably be early.  Maybe way early.  But we can't be late.  Somehow we need to communicate with Sailor between now and then so that he can contact us when she leaves that side.  I don't think I have he or Allycia's cell.   

All for now.  Add what I've missed.

.... I can put the back seats down.  We can use the back of the Explorer as a bed.  I'll bring a sleeping bag and blankets, if you don't want my cooties than you are welcome to bring your own.  There's enough room to lay down back there

Translation - "Cremer, I wish I could quit you".

Cuch - Good luck!

L - That all seems to make sense to me. I'll reread it after I get back from the kid pacing gig when I'm a little more awake and see if I think of anything else.

MTA: (dammit, I just wrote this whole thing and it ate it, grrrr.)

Anyway... That does all sound good. I'll head to the store in an hour or so, and get water in bottles and a couple jugs so we have options. If you think of anything else I should pick up just let me know.

I just talked to Michelle and got Allycia's cell #, I'll call her and get Michael's, so we should be all set with that.

I have a couple small folding beach chairs, thinking of bringing those.

I'll plan on being flexible on whether I'm doing loop 1 or 2, depending on what you need to do, and I'll plan on loop 3 for sure.

That's all I have right now.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

A few cans of chix noodle soup?

Just off the phone with Allycia, she says all is well for both runners so far.

L Train

Soccer game in and won, I'm in for the whole 100, oddly because he plays tomorrow.   

L Train

The bus is packed.

L Train

Cremer are you getting updates and not sharing? 

Nope, nothing since I talked to Allycia hours ago. Packing up and getting ready to roll.

"Beep, Beep!"

Update from Allycia at 7:15 PM

Michael finished at about 5:11 PM... 37.5 miles

Robin at 7:30 will finish her third lap and 45 miles.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Cremer and i are here. She's thru 52.5 at 13.25 hours. Expecting her here at 60 miles around 12:30.