Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

I'm officially in!- and I would be into the shirt idea...

I'm officially out! Booooo me.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Aren't you late for your Britney Spears at Red Rocks concert?

+1

L Train

Hey it's only 6:47. 

Interestingly and a little embarrasssingly, they have shut down about 9 square blocks in Larimer Square for tonight's festivities. We saw the setup last night and there are bands and some sort of trazpeze thing and weird christmas lights and who knows what else.  Honestly it seems like a gargantuan, excessive, hubristic waste of money. 

But hey, here I am and I get to eat and drink for free. 

And I just spent about 5 minutes trying to think of someone funnier than BS, but I couldn't.  So you win that one.      

L Train

+1

IT'S KELLY CLARKSON!  OMG!

L Train

Oh, and the best part is that the opening band is an Ameriprise band!

Yay!

I'm guessing those are two small fans in front of her (providing that "windswept" look) but it looks like she's wearing super giant silver moon boots.

Home Away From Home

Talking with the shirt designeds, be on the lookout for possible designs shortly

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

can i just say that i think the shirts should be pink.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

can i just say that i think the shirts should be pink.

Of course, whether we listen or not though Wink

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I finally got off my ass and booked something.  Things looked like they were filling up especially anywhere close to the Old City / Start area.  I will be at the:

Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
                            1800 Market St
                            Philadelphia, PA 19103

I really wanted to stay downtown, so figured I would just eat the cost.  It will make it a nicer trip for my wife too.  I am hoping to sight see a little on Saturday and more on Monday. We can take the sub or a cab to meet up with whoever / wherever.   The hotel is 3 blocks west of City Hall and right in between the Mile 1 & Mile 6 "Cheer Zones".  It might make a good place for the any supporters to meet who plan to watch the carnage.

What was I chasing again?

Home Away From Home

We will have to work out a place to meet while we are there a few times for drinks and meals.  Shouldn't be to hard. We can exchange cell numbers before leaving.

MM#5768

MacJim

Hey folks, I've been in for awhile but now I'm in RA. Dick L. and I have reserved two rooms out by the airport. His daughter had an employee discount and the 3 night will run $340 total per room. Anyone wants in let us know. Jimbo