Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

L Train

Hi Jim!

I'm in that makes three of us, along with probably Pete and I know the girls(Michelle, Vangie and possibly Laurie) were looking for a room in that area too.

Jimbo

as in jimbo jim? or are you an impostor? 

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

See Circle North FB group for our first T-shirt design, I lack the ability to get it to paste into the forum here. Let me know your thoughts, likes, dislikes, or what you want to see.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

All- Got a quote back from the screen printers on the Philly shirts. I never heard any changes to the desigmn as posted on FB, I can't seem to get it to post here, I gave up.  I asked for 2 quote, a wicking tech shirt and a wicking tech sleeveless. The T-shirt is around $33 with a logo on the left breast and full size logo on the back. The sleeveless will be about $35 with same design.  The photo is a white shirt but the company has tons of color so we can choose whatever shirt color we want. Quote is based on 12 shirts.  Let me know what you think. I'll be back on the 28th of September and we can work it more then. Thanks.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

I'm not on FB, so haven't seen any of this.  I appreciate the effort, and I could buy a shirt if I end up seeing it, but I'm unlikely to race in it.  Going with what I'm already comfortable in and everything.   

Home Away From Home

I'm not on FB, so haven't seen any of this.  I appreciate the effort, and I could buy a shirt if I end up seeing it, but I'm unlikely to race in it.  Going with what I'm already comfortable in and everything.   

I agree with that, if I run in it some before hand I might wear it but not fresh out of the box. I'll get you pictures when I get hme next week or tell the wife to join the CN page on FB, "we are all doin' it".

MM#5768

For those 6 or 7 of us that still have yet to determine transportation to Philly:

According to the Enterprise site, if we rented a minivan the approximate cost would be:

Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Grand Caravan or similar
                  5 Days @
                    $ 132.99 USD
                  $ 664.95 USD
                  VEHICLE LICENSE RECOVERY FEE $ 8.75 USD
                  Subtotal $ 673.70 USD
                  SALES TAX $ 67.38 USD
                  * Total Estimated
                  Charges
                  $ 741.08 USD

Then there's the cost for gas: 1,068 miles round trip @ $4.00 gal is $213.60

Total: $954.68 divided by 6 is $159.12 per person. 

Or if we just have two that are willing to drive, then it would just be gas at $35.60 pp. (and tolls).

MacJim

I don't mind driving my car down but I won't be able to drive it back. I don't mind if someone else drives my car back but I know physically I'll be a wreck and my reaction time will be slower and I may cramp up so there. If someone volunteers to drive it back then we have one car at 26mpg, checked bags at $45 per bag, sweaty ass on my seat charge..$75 plus gas and you still make out better than renting the van

Well that's very gracious of you Jim.  I think Dick is going to make one last ditch effort to see what he can get for a deal on a van but with 7 of us I think it will take more than a minivan anyway. Either way it'll all work out...

Yo! 

I was wondering who else was running Philly. I'm in - looking to meet fellow RA'ers for the first time.

My folks live outside of Philly so I'll be staying with them. 

Can't wait for race day!

L Train

Hi molsenrunner.  Don't know where you are from, this is a group of a bunch of people in Maine, all who know each other irl.  But you are welcome to join us in a fake person kind of way.  Then we can meet up and have a beer after Philly.  Good luck in the rest of your training, and maybe we'll all see you there. 

Hi molsenrunner.  Don't know where you are from, this is a group of a bunch of people in Maine, all who know each other irl.  But you are welcome to join us in a fake person kind of way.  Then we can meet up and have a beer after Philly.  Good luck in the rest of your training, and maybe we'll all see you there. 

OOOhhhhhh...got it. Sorry to invade your page! Smile

I'm a local - just about an hour outside of Philly.

Good luck to all!

L Train

I see now you are in Allentown.  I ran the Lehigh Valley HM not too far from there a few years back. 

Yep - that's a great race. I ran it last year. 

Have you guys done Philly before? What can you tell me about the course? I'd appreciate any info you have!
                                Especially anything on elevation. I saw the chart online, but hearing about it from someone is way better than looking at a graph.