Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Would someone please list all the CN runners heading to Philly.

Thanks

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Lance, Doug, Jim, Rob, Dick, Eric, Michelle, Michael, Peter Heslam. Who am i missing?.

GregM

Philadelphia Marathon Opens 3,000 Spots for NYC Marathoners
        Registration fee for the registered NYC Marathon runners is $200. Half of the registration fee will be donated to the Hurricane Relief Fund for the American Red Cross

Posted Thursday, 8 November, 2012

PHILADELPHIA (November 6, 2012)  – Mayor Michael A. Nutter announced that the sold-out Philadelphia Marathon will be opened for an additional 3,000 race participants who were registered, but unable to compete, in the cancelled 2012 New York City Marathon.

New York City race competitors can enter a lottery to register for the 19th edition of the Philadelphia Marathon, beginning Wednesday, Nov.  7 at 9 a.m. EST and ending Thursday, Nov. 8 at 5 p.m. EST. Mayor Nutter stresses that the offer is available only to marathoners previously registered for the Sunday, November 4 New York City Marathon.

“In the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the many challenges created by it, we are honored to welcome New York City marathon participants to Philadelphia,” said Mayor Michael Nutter. “We understand that marathoners have invested a great deal of time, training and dedication to prepare, and so we’ve decided that adding up to 3,000 competitors is something we can do to support the running community.”

Mary Wittenberg, CEO of New York Road Runners, which produces the New York City Marathon, said: “We are grateful to the Philadelphia Marathon and Mayor Nutter for their generosity in inviting runners who were affected by the cancellation of the ING NYC marathon.

The registration fee for the registered NYC Marathon runners is $200. Half of the registration fee will be donated to the Hurricane Relief Fund for the American Red Cross, while the remaining funds cover additional Philadelphia Marathon supplies and resources needed to accommodate the extra marathoners.

Eligible New York marathoners interested in applying for the Philadelphia Marathon should visit www.philadelphiamarathon.com.  To ensure fairness, a computerized lottery system will randomly select up to 3,000 New York City Marathon competitors to participate in the Philadelphia Marathon.  Lottery selection will take place immediately after the Thursday, November 8th deadline (5 p.m. EST), and those chosen will be notified by e-mail.

JUST SAW THIS ON COOLRUNNING. LOOKS LIKE I MISSED IT. DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL FROM NYRR.ORG.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

New York Runners Get Second Chance in Philadelphia Marathon

By Nancy Kercheval on November 10, 2012

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-10/new-york-runners-get-second-chance-in-philadelphia-marathon

Nearly 1,500 New York runners whose race was canceled when Hurricane Sandy devastated the route have been given a second chance with entries into the Philadelphia Marathon.

All 1,454 runners who registered with a lottery were accepted for the Philadelphia contest Nov. 18 at 7 a.m. EST, said marathon spokesman Randy Giancaterino in an e-mail. The lottery had 3,000 spaces for the 47,000 runners who had verification that they were entered in the New York City Marathon on Nov. 4.

“All of the runners who registered ultimately were selected for our race,” Giancaterino said.

THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THIS OPEN A FEW MORE DAYS.

GregM

az13-header.jpg

Thank you! You are now registered for the 2013 Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Please check the event website for updates.

Please note: Each participant must pick up their own race number at the Health & Fitness Expo. Go to the Expo page of the race website for times and location of the Expo.

JUST REGISTERED FOR THIS INSTEAD.

L Train

L Train

Saturday low: 35

Day Nov 18

Mostly Cloudy

50°FHigh

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 20%

Wind: NE at 10 mph

Picture perfect. That's PR weather for all.
                  L Train

Well I guess for you it's a given.

L Train

Any takers at I dunno, 4:30ish for 5-6ish easyish? 

Any takers at I dunno, 4:30ish for 5-6ish easyish? 

I could do that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

All right then.  I'll see you and whoever else at 4:30. 

"Beep, Beep!"

"Yo Adrian, I DID IT!!!"

Click here

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Jim in Wells

Lance, Doug, Jim, Rob, Dick, Eric, Michelle, Michael, Peter Heslam. Who am i missing?.

Best of success to all of you ... have fun, run smart and strong!

My salty dogs

Best of success to all of you ... have fun, run smart and strong!

+1