Circle North

3/23 Group Run (Read 15 times)

So, yeah, my turn...

3/23/2014

9:30 A.M.

214B River St. Entry in the rear. Yeah, that's how we like it. As most of you know, it's right next to the Y. Early arrivals can park at our house, latecomers will have to park at the Y and walk over. We've got room for probably 6 vehicles. 3 up the dirt driveway blocking our cars in, 3 in front. Gotta leave room for our landlord/neighbors to get in and out.

I lied about the distance. It's not going to be 16, more like 17.

I also lied about making it flat. It's going to be hilly as eff, but ends with a nice long downhill/flat finish. Per Gwen's request it does not involve Oak St. except for one crossing. Heh. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...

I've realized that maybe not everybody wants to beat themselves to death here, so now there are two course choices to pick from. They start together and end together and are approximately the same length. One is stupid hilly, one is not. Something for everybody. The non-hilly one has the advantage of an out and back section, so the distance can be altered to suit whatever you might want to do.

Warm tap water and Saltines to follow.

Course Map # 1 The Hills of Doom...

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/b47d9c625dfc48fc932f3ead7dcf413b/courses/c04d2a79bb044ca081382bde75f91edc

Course Map # 2 Sam Adams Light...

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/b47d9c625dfc48fc932f3ead7dcf413b/courses/58c1972e5b04437198caad794be44497

(Don't let the elevation profile scare you with this one, it's just out 109. Kind of a little uphill on the way out, nice gentle downhill/flat coming back.)

MTA: Oh yeah, forgot to add, who's in?

IN

Doug

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Awesome.  Mount Hope and Hanson's Ridge in one devilish course.

WTF is the matter with you people.

In

In, sorta. Upon second glance, while I appreciate the deletion of oak street hill, I may still need to do some adjusting, but will plan to start with the group and end up visiting with Kim. my apologies if this isnt good etiquette to bail on the route early, but at my fitness level, I am not ready to be "that guy" again next week. look forward to the shorter or flatter option :-)

So, yeah, my turn...

3/23/2014

9:30 A.M.

214B River St. Entry in the rear. Yeah, that's how we like it. As most of you know, it's right next to the Y. Early arrivals can park at our house, latecomers will have to park at the Y and walk over. We've got room for probably 6 vehicles. 3 up the dirt driveway blocking our cars in, 3 in front. Gotta leave room for our landlord/neighbors to get in and out.

I lied about the distance. It's not going to be 16, more like 17.

I also lied about making it flat. It's going to be hilly as eff, but ends with a nice long downhill/flat finish. Per Gwen's request it does not involve Oak St. except for one crossing. Heh.

Warm tap water and Saltines to follow.

Course Map...

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/b47d9c625dfc48fc932f3ead7dcf413b/courses/c04d2a79bb044ca081382bde75f91edc

Still working on shorter option. Will be posted here soon.

MTA: Oh yeah, forgot to add, who's in?

IN

Doug

gadman

Out! Us slower ones will have to change some of this evil course.

Never  fear. There'll be an easier, shorter option for the recently surgically enhanced. Still working on it.

Out! Us slower ones will have to change some of this evil course.

Count me in for the Sam Light.

Someone should check to see if Ted's has turned the water on yet since they are now open.  I'm guessing no since it is still sub zero at night through this never-ending winter but it could be a water stop for Route #2 if needed.

Count me in for the Sam Adams Light too.   Better route for those of us that might want to cut off a few miles due to the out and back nature.

I reserve the right to change my mind later if my ego gets the better of me.

What was I chasing again?

Love the lighter option Greg, thank you very much for doing that.

L Train

Mr. Cremer, caving in to the masses.  Tsk, tsk.

Soon you will be jogging around town with a fuel belt.

L Train

Interesting.  Cuch will not be happy.

Someone should check to see if Ted's has turned the water on yet since they are now open.  I'm guessing no since it is still sub zero at night through this never-ending winter but it could be a water stop for Route #2 if needed.

No worries, I plan to put water out for both routes. Ted's (or very nearby) will likely be a water stop no matter what.

MacJim

I'm in for the hills