Circle North

Sanford Springvale 10-Miler Confirmed: Saturday September 6, 2014 @ 5:30 pm (Read 19 times)

Its official. Sanford Parks and Rec have been cleared to host the Sanford-Springvale 10-Miler on Saturday, September 6 at 5:30 pm.

The route begins in Springvale at the old Jagger Mills, goes up Shaws Ridge (by way of railroad ave, yeaton and flayhan) across Grammer, down by the dump, back up School, through Gowen's park to the trails, across Main in Springvale and loops a few neighborhoods behind Nasson, eventually ending at Nasson. This is a broad overview of the course, not an exact description (Eric and/or Gregory can post the approved course). Beneficiary is the Sanford Police Department Cadets. Major Sponsor is New Balance and Bergeron Shoes.

Now its time to drum up support in the way of attending planning meetings or just giving your feedback via email PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Things we need to set in stone are registration fees, timing mode, tshirts, goodies, postrace food and beverage, etc.  The next planning meeting is at 4pm on Tuesday, June 10 at the Y.

Thank you,

Gwen

Yes, if anyone can give support in the way of ideas that would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to make a big commitment here just come by on Tuesday, listen and provide your input. There have been only 4 of us involved so far and this is going to be very difficult to pull off unless we have some more help. We are expecting many more volunteers on race day but right now the real need is to draw on your experience from past races and/or event planning and coordination.

L Train

I probably totally missed this but are these just standing meetings on Tuesdays at like 11 or something?

Good grief, just read it.

Next meeting is Tuesday, June 17 at 11am at City Hall,3rd Floor. Any and all are welcome

ltovey

ltovey

Next meeting is Tuesday, June 17 at 11am at City Hall,3rd Floor. Any and all are welcome

Wish I could go to these meetings!  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out, though. Smile

Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

If you want to help, you can promote it by telling everyone you know.  Even if they can't run 10 miles, there is plenty of time to build up to that distance by September.  All you need to do is complete a program registration on the Parks & Rec website if you don't already have an account from a previous activity. Here is the link Sanford-Springvale 10 Miler

ltovey

ltovey

Will do Smile

If you want to help, you can promote it by telling everyone you know.  Even if they can't run 10 miles, there is plenty of time to build up to that distance by September.  All you need to do is complete a program registration on the Parks & Rec website if you don't already have an account from a previous activity. Here is the link Sanford-Springvale 10 Miler

Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

Randall

10 Miler Sept.6th

Race cancelled due to lack of entries

Lets do this anyways. We can make it a group race. We can handicap the start so we will all finish around the same time.

So who else is in? Lets do this, we need a fall race.

L Train

Pretty cool, Mike.  I'd be in.

I'm in provided that Mike is the RD and I don't have to attend any committee meetings.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I like the idea as well... are we talking the same time and date or just on that date?

McMillian or like calculator for handicapping based most recent 10K, 10M or HM race.

What was I chasing again?

Yeah sure, I'll do it too.  Please handicap me by adding on 10 lbs of weight.  Rob, I saw the way you handicap at your Kentucky Derby party.  Looks like this is your job. Let's just do it at the same time (5:30) and get a beer afterward.  Just need about 4 volunteers.  A couple at each end to send runners at the apporpriate time and at the Nasson to record finish times. We can put up signs otherwise if needed.

I like the idea as well... are we talking the same time and date or just on that date?

McMillian or like calculator for handicapping based most recent 10K, 10M or HM race.

Yeah sure, I'll do it too.  Please handicap me by adding on 10 lbs of weight.  Rob, I saw the way you handicap at your Kentucky Derby party.  Looks like this is your job. Let's just do it at the same time (5:30) and get a beer afterward.  Just need about 4 volunteers.  A couple at each end to send runners at the apporpriate time and at the Nasson to record finish times. We can put up signs otherwise if needed.

Well any spouses or people who want to drink afterwards we probably can wrangle to help but not sure it is needed.

Whoever has the greatest handicap or takes off last we can send off the others (maybe i trust whoever that will be more than you).

If we alter the course and do something that snakes by my house, Lances, or whoever ect... we can set out tables with water or whatever as well.  We should try to avoid major intersections.  I am happy to do the initial handicapping and perhaps we can have a few others review if anyone thinks it is unfair, at the end it is for fun.  I think it is great that you you want a challenge. I will get 5 lb dumbbells for you, one for each hand on top of whatever time difference i come up with.

What was I chasing again?

we could run Lances Sunset Blanchard route and avoid traffic. I agree with Rob that this is for fun and we

shouldn't need an official starter.

We could always plant a cooler and not have formal water stations.