Circle North

Greg C Decides to Race (Read 402 times)

Home Away From Home

Since you so gladly ignored my previous post to you maybe this will excite you some as I remember talking about such things. Maybe 2014???

http://www.g2gultra.com/

or there is this one which looks cool

http://www.fat-feet.co.uk/running-events/index.php/category/events/

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Oops just saw that, didn't mean to ignore. Will reply after I eat some tacos. I'm staaaaarving.

MTA: First, a review of the new mexican place in Sanford... meh.

Okay then. Yep I am still hoping to do the NJ Ultra Fest. If I do it'll be the 100k. I haven't signed up or really done anything yet. Between possibly selling the building and hopefully changing jobs soon, I'm hesitating to commit quite yet. BUT, yes, my plan is to do that race if I can. The only one I truly care about next year is Ghost Train. I am absolutely committed to that, and will register as soon as it opens.

As for those other races, that Grand Canyon one looks awesome, in a someday sort of way. Definitely not in 2013, and in 2014 I'm going back to chasing fast marathon times again. The desert one in Egypt just looks insane.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I am also noncommittally hoping to participate in that race in some way.  It may end up being as a person who stands around a lot.  It may not be at all.  I am officially committed to nothing and I'm OK with it.

Home Away From Home

I am with you 2 then, house on market, work schedule, not sure if I can make it or not but would like to try, I am definitely in for GT if I am home at all costs.  As for everything else, who knows at this point.

I think the bucket list should hold one crazy race like one of these, though not anytime soon, need to get some practice first.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

It amuses me that RA currently shows my YTD time running as 16 days 24 hours.

L Train

Home Away From Home

@Cremer-

I am gettig ready to sign up for the 50m at pineland, you should go in and add our club to your registration, we just need two people to qualify in the team.  WCRC or CN pick one.

MM#5768

I'm good with either one. I checked the list when I signed up and there was no WCRC team on the list, so I just signed up as an individual. I sort of remember that I can change that, I think. Just tell me whichever one you pick and I'll go with that.

In other news, Ghost Train registration opens March 1'st at 12 a.m.

Home Away From Home

I just replied about Pineland, GT and your books all under the random stuff about ultra thread.

Yes, you can change to join the team, just email RD and I used WCRC, get michelle and whoever else is doing to join the team too, we need 4.

I am on for GT, probably register around mid march.

MM#5768

L Train

Hey don't hurt yourself.

I just performed a one minute plank with a rabbit on my back. It's true.

L Train

3 years:

L Train  6567.4 mi 39d 12hr
                          Greg C  6567.2 mi 39d 6hr

Hope you enjoyed that free 6 hours.

I should go run .2 at a 30 hour per mile pace.

L Train

That was Doug's race pace 10 years ago.

I answered incorrectly to throw you off. The correct answer, of course, was "you should've run faster".