Circle North

The Scorpsie thread (Read 331 times)

gadman

Happy Festivus!

The wait list actually works.  I got a call today and they are moving up my surgery to January 2nd.  Merry Xmas to me!

Nice, there you go.  4  weeks of recovery and you will still have time for a 3 month training plan.  MCM2014, just do it man. https://www.imathlete.com/events/EventReg/EventReg_SelectType.aspx?fEID=17670&fNew=1

L Train

The wait list actually works.  I got a call today and they are moving up my surgery to January 2nd.  Merry Xmas to me!

Hey, that's awesome.  How will this affect my son's basketball career is all I'm really concerned about.  Thanks in advance.

It just means I can't block his shot in scrimmages for a while.  I'd have you scrimmage with the A team in my place but I don't want to embarrass Ethan.

L Train

So girls bball tourney, you may have heard by now that they won one, lost one.  Both by one point, both came down to last second drama.

The first game, unfortunately, had a crazy ending.  Up by one with 9 secs to play, we get the possession arrow on a tie up under the basket.  Caroline had fouled out just before that and Linda came in at point.  Ball gets thrown in to Linda under the basket, they are being pressed but all she has to do is pivot and run up the sideline.  Instead, she freaks out shoots a layup at the wrong basket.  She jumped for joy at the made basket, but quickly realized her mistake.  The game ended and they lost by one.

Tears everywhere.  All the 6th graders who have gotten crushed for three years by Wells and will not play in this tourney again.  Linda, of course.  The Cote's too.  Anyway, the whole thing was just terrible.

But what was awesome is what came next.  All the girls went to Linda to console her, though they were still in tears.  Within 10 minutes, it seemed everyone was OK.  We had to wait through another game before their second game.

The second game came, they got down by six early, but they held on and came back and won by one, even executing another inbounds under their own basket with two seconds to play while up by one.

So, I learned a few things:

1 - Linda Johnson has a short memory and didn't pout for long.  She played a really good second game.  Good for her.

2 - These girls are really awesome.  They have accepted my daughter and show real sportsmanship even after being crushed for 2 years.  They are also tough and showed they can overcome adversity.  There was probably more learned from losing this way than if they had won.

3 - The Cotes really do care and are good coaches and people.

I heard about the game from Kathy, reading Donna's post on FB about how they lost.  For any kid, at any level, this sucks.  Love hearing about how the girls fought back the next game after losing this way and that show's a ton of character.  I completely understand the sentiment around how the other kids treat your 4th grader.  That's awesome.

L Train

Good luck, man.  Hope you had a good week at Sunday River, also.

gadman

Good luck, man.  Hope you had a good week at Sunday River, also.

+1

Thanks guys.  All went well and I'm back at home.  The doc said that there is no question that the cyst bumped up on the nerve and definitely explains the numbness and overall symptoms.  I'm getting around on the crutches pretty good and will be non weight bearing for a couple of weeks.

L Train

I'll bet Gadman's feet wish he were non weight bearing.

You are all very fat people. Glad the surgery went well.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

I'll bet Gadman's feet wish he were non weight bearing.

Missed this but it was brought to my attention. This appears to be LTrain's rude side's 1st negative, nonconstructive, demeaning, demoralizing ,humiliating comment of 2014. Welcome back asshole!!

L Train

170.5!

gadman

So Steve, aside from gadman's sensitive side and L-Trains weight, how is the foot progressing?

What was I chasing again?